January transfer

Craigieboy

51 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Surely you must be on the wind up to suggest they are both better than McGeady? I love Burke but come on to f**k.

Never for a minute said that, neither are close to the ability mcgeady has, but what I'm saying is both can deliver a smashing ball into the box which was your first comment that at least he can cross a ball

29 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Never for a minute said that, neither are close to the ability mcgeady has, but what I'm saying is both can deliver a smashing ball into the box which was your first comment that at least he can cross a ball

Prove that I said Burke and McKenzie can’t cross a ball... I’ll wait.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, PillieKie said:

How have Waters' performances been at St Mirren does anyone know? Is it likely he could come back and do a job?

Did Waters sign a contract extension that passed me by? At the start of the season there was news he had been offered a deal but nothing official that he signed anything.

”There’s no point going back to Killie and just sitting on the bench or playing in the reserves.

I’m playing most weeks and I don’t want to ruin that at this stage of my career.

I’ve learned so much playing against Rangers and Celtic and my fitness has improved too.

I feel a part of things here. I want to see the job through and make sure we keep the team in the league.

I’ve got another year on my deal at Killie after this one so hopefully they’ll be happy for me to stay at St Mirren and keep getting experience under my belt.”

He joined on a two-year contract in 2017 and signed an 18-month extension in January.

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/calum-waters-signs-new-killie-deal-until-2020/

There was talk of an extension in the summer but no confirmation.

"Meanwhile, Kilmarnock are now set to offer defender Calum Waters a new contract.

The left-back, 23, is out of contract at the end of the season but Alessio has been impressed by Waters and wants to extend his deal. The player will fight it out with Scotland new boy Greg Taylor for the left-back spot."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/teddy-mezague-trial-kilmarnock-angelo-18778534

Edited by skygod

22 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Rangers going to be punting Greg Docherty apparently in january. Don't know how much is left on his deal but by all means done really well down south and would improve us. 

Under contract until 2022 so they will be looking for a lot of money for him.

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

Personally no but just my opinion. I live in dumfries and saw him quite a bit for queens. Queens fans weren't overly fussed at losing him, although doing okay at livi

Fair enough. Seems to be a mobile big guy who’s strong and banging goals in for livi atm. Much better than Sow etc. Probably in budget too. 

I doubt we would be able to come up with a fee for Dykes which Livingston would be interested in.

The time to get these guys is just as they are showing promise. I said on here early in the season that I liked Nisbet of Dunfermline. Reality is, even by then, it would be too late to snap up a bargain.

Edited by NorfolkG

27 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Fair enough. Seems to be a mobile big guy who’s strong and banging goals in for livi atm. Much better than Sow etc. Probably in budget too. 

Totally agree about mobility. Was always a bit of a buzz bomb for Dobbie when I seen him but looked short of talent when I seen him. But as comments above, hes still young and could improve.

Problem is we kind of need an instant fix

5 minutes ago, trenwick said:

i see sevco apparently dumping alot of there huge squad, cost cutting trying to save money, two mentioned docherty & murphy, thot murphy always looked a player when @ motherwell, mind you injuring himself on our pitch might be a stumbling block

Murphy said he’d never play on a plastic pitch again.