January transfer

Craigieboy

1 minute ago, jam1869 said:

Jones and Stewart yes, Taylor has the chance now to go far in his career, far too good to be back up tho

All moved for the same reason. Get a grip still a Jones and taylor hater but taylor can do no wrong.  You forgot he refused to play for us n said he was injured!!!!!!!! I dont blame or hate any of them good luck to them all. They all played their parts in getting us 3rd place and into europe 

6 hours ago, Charlies PaPa said:

Taylor, Stewart and Jones all missing from the squads,  what a waste of talent.

Therein lies the problem with Scottish Football. The bigot brothers scoop up all the talent from the rest of the diddy teams, have no intention of playing them, thus weakening the league. The players disappear into oblivion and the knock on effect is Scotland's National team suffers. Celtic and The Rangers - the scourge of Scottish football. Get them both hunted

some I think might be achievable for us in the next couple of windows. Would add something in key positions IMO.

Bachmann on loan for six months. Sitting in the stand at Watford is doing no one any favours. We need quality in goal. Get the defence organised and reliable. Long term we have to start looking at getting a regular first choice going loan to loan in such a key position isn’t good. 

McGowan the right back from Accies. If SOD isn’t signing now he’s not going to. We need to think about the future and I’ve been impressed by him when I’ve seen him play.

Kennedy from St Johnstone although can’t see them letting him go in January so might have to be a pre contract. Barrie McKie On loan from Swansea. Would offer something fresh and different to what we have at the moment. Both these players comfortable on either wing or in at ten.

Not necessarily him but someone like Oakley at Accies. Offers a physical presence we lack in attacking areas. We need someone to hold the ball in attack. Can play in a two or as a lone striker. Rough up defenders a bit and an aerial threat. Pitches in with goals and makes chances for others.

4 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

'If' Bachmann comes back obviously that would be brilliant. With the chat about Jamie Mac being recalled, suggests that Larry might be heading back to Juve?

This would certainly be a good time and week to announce both Bachmann and Mulumbu if possible.

I think kilmarnock let  St Clair, Johnston  and Koprivec go 

23 hours ago, piffer said:

some I think might be achievable for us in the next couple of windows. Would add something in key positions IMO.

Bachmann on loan for six months. Sitting in the stand at Watford is doing no one any favours. We need quality in goal. Get the defence organised and reliable. Long term we have to start looking at getting a regular first choice going loan to loan in such a key position isn’t good. 

McGowan the right back from Accies. If SOD isn’t signing now he’s not going to. We need to think about the future and I’ve been impressed by him when I’ve seen him play.

Kennedy from St Johnstone although can’t see them letting him go in January so might have to be a pre contract. Barrie McKie On loan from Swansea. Would offer something fresh and different to what we have at the moment. Both these players comfortable on either wing or in at ten.

Not necessarily him but someone like Oakley at Accies. Offers a physical presence we lack in attacking areas. We need someone to hold the ball in attack. Can play in a two or as a lone striker. Rough up defenders a bit and an aerial threat. Pitches in with goals and makes chances for others.

A very constructive post piffer. I hope in January our board can be equally constructive.

11 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Where are we going to get these strikers who'll score goals and the much needed but mythical No 10? Genuine question. 

I'm hoping that "a Conor McAleny" isn't too difficult to find at the very least. Even someone coming in like that and scoring a few goals would make a difference. 

On 12/29/2019 at 8:31 PM, piffer said:

Some good points and players suggested. Aberdeen sniffing about Kennedy. Was McKay not a Killie pro youth player? There are some good attacking players in the lower leagues like Nisbet at Dunfermline and Bowie of Raith. Fow was watching Raith when they were on BBC Scotland for a Friday night game recently. 

23 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Where are we going to get these strikers who'll score goals and the much needed but mythical No 10? Genuine question. 

The players are out there and will be available for nominal fees in some cases. Plenty of examples of bargain buys doing well in Scottish football. Unfortunately I’m not sure how prepared we are to get them in this window. That may have to be a summer recruitment drive and rely on loans again this window sadly

38 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I'm hoping that "a Conor McAleny" isn't too difficult to find at the very least. Even someone coming in like that and scoring a few goals would make a difference. 

I like McAleny. Scored a couple of important goals for us. Just couldn’t catch a break. Did he not take ill when he signed. Then injuries and the form of others stopped him getting a good run in the team. 

Although we are missing the influence of the likes of Mulumbu, Jones, Stewart it’s noticeable we aren’t getting the contributions from the squad players. Scott Boyd, Ndjoli, McAleny, Millen and Tshibola all scored crucial goals or delivered big performances for us in big games last season

2 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Agree, I just mean there must be a jobbing league 1 striker that Fowler has scouted/seen play from Sunderland? That's the hope anyway... 

The likes of Heffernan and Dean Shiels we’re kicking about that level before they joined us and were 10+ goal a season plus assists

Bachmann coming back would be amazing. Better than Larry and Jamie Mac even if Dan only had one arm.

Mulumbu seems likely I'd reckon with Dyer getting the job. Presuming all rumours are true of him staying in hotel, can only assume it's with a view to signing him.

3 decent forward players and a right back we wont be too far away

3 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Bachmann coming back would be amazing. Better than Larry and Jamie Mac even if Dan only had one arm.

Mulumbu seems likely I'd reckon with Dyer getting the job. Presuming all rumours are true of him staying in hotel, can only assume it's with a view to signing him.

3 decent forward players and a right back we wont be too far away

How fit is mulumbu at this stage though we need someone to come in at the top of his game