January transfer

Craigieboy

On 12/29/2019 at 8:31 PM, piffer said:

McGowan the right back from Accies. If SOD isn’t signing now he’s not going to. We need to think about the future and I’ve been impressed by him when I’ve seen him play.

Agree.

He has been very impressive. Wouldn't feel so bad about losing SOD if we had this lad coming in as his replacement.

35 minutes ago, piffer said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned here but Tommy Wright said yesterday that St Mirren had mad contact with St Johnstone about Matty Kennedy. Hopefully we are getting in there as he’d one many of us believe would improve us. 

We should 100% be in for Kennedy.

1 minute ago, Craigieboy said:

What plan of transfer target with kilmarnock?

Bit surprised you not been asked to assist Fowler and Dyer,  Craigie with finding us the quality signings .....

Said same at the start of the summer window ...as a priority we need a creative midfielder and couple of better quality strikers in ASAP  .....and then a decent goalkeeper hopefully 

1 hour ago, Bigdaw said:

Hamilton have one or two good youngsters. The boy that plays number 10 , Smith is it ?  Also Millar who scored with a cracking shot at RP.

They’ve done fairly well at getting top dollar over the years. The boy Hamilton who I haven’t heard much hype about being linked to a £1million+ move

1 hour ago, piffer said:

They’ve done fairly well at getting top dollar over the years. The boy Hamilton who I haven’t heard much hype about being linked to a £1million+ move

Best thing we could do with Taylor cash is go and get everyone involved with Accies at youth level and bring them to Rugby Park to head up our youth development. Constantly produce top young players that command decent fees.

25 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Best thing we could do with Taylor cash is go and get everyone involved with Accies at youth level and bring them to Rugby Park to head up our youth development. Constantly produce top young players that command decent fees.

Makes sense to me. Go and poach from other clubs when we’ve got the cash

36 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I think smith will go on to be a premiership player in England. Best prospect I seen outwith old firm for a long time.

Heard numerous stories saying similar. Was a couple of years below his mum at school and wish his all the best. Very grounded family who have supported him and deserve success. They weren’t sure about going but what City offered was life changing. 

7 minutes ago, piffer said:

Heard numerous stories saying similar. Was a couple of years below his mum at school and wish his all the best. Very grounded family who have supported him and deserve success. They weren’t sure about going but what City offered was life changing. 

You talking about the same player? Liam or Lewis? 

Edited by Killiepie

Going forward we need to be producing better younger players. Years ago their was always a youngster about to break into the first Team, The did not always stay  around long , But it has always brought in money. The free transfers that have be good for us are mostly the older pro's, Say 25+ , This might be because the need the job for family reasons and not a young player after better money than the guy in the street.

we used to have teenagers  breaking into the first team when i was younger.   mauchline ,jenkins, canero, skilling, mcgivern, roberts , later years Boyd , naismith , Hay , Taylor .and loads i have forgotten about.

The infirm have a strangle hold on youth players especially in the central belt .The ones wee get and the other teams are mostly the ones they don't want.Most are never near any of there teams and are let go or decide to leave .They are then picked up by Killie and other teams .Taylor and Kilte were both Sevco signings but there is a host of others like Robertson who go on to command a transfer fee.

6 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

The infirm have a strangle hold on youth players especially in the central belt .The ones wee get and the other teams are mostly the ones they don't want.Most are never near any of there teams and are let go or decide to leave .They are then picked up by Killie and other teams .Taylor and Kilte were both Sevco signings but there is a host of others like Robertson who go on to command a transfer fee.

That is a fair point but Motherwell, Hamilton and Falkirk have had tremendous success, St Mirren as well although to a lesser degree.

We should not be light years behind these teams but it seems we are.

30 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Agree, they are like fishing trawlers, scoop up anything and anything half decent in hope of finding a dimanond, and punt anything they don't fancy after breaking the kid's dreams. Parents and kids easily swayed by the glamour of the clubs and and their fancy training grounds, plus the fact they can say oh they play for OF. In truth they would be way better coming to provincial clubs where they are actually mote likely to break through and get a career out of it. So many kids dreams are shattered by the OF's youth systems and they kids throw towels in when they get th knock back. Andy Roberston is a unique survivor who managed to make it right to the top after coping dealing with being released as a kid, Taylor has to a lesser extent, and it can happen, but by and large it doesn't. A waste of young Scottish talent