January transfer

Craigieboy

57 minutes ago, kmck18 said:

Was Boyle not on trail with us before he signed for Ross county 

Not sure why someone has downvoted this because it’s true, except that he didn’t sign for Ross County but his former club, Cliftonville. 

It was a bit of a strange one because he’d been released by Werder Bremen so there was no fee to pay, yet KS decided not to sign him. 

2 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Aye that’s how Aberdeen sign their players, wait n see who Killie are in for and sign them. Ridiculous statement. 

How many times have we been gazumped for players by other SPL teams?

This is ne reason why SC kept us and everyone else in the dark.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Not sure why someone has downvoted this because it’s true, except that he didn’t sign for Ross County but his former club, Cliftonville. 

It was a bit of a strange one because he’d been released by Werder Bremen so there was no fee to pay, yet KS decided not to sign him. 

Thought at the time it was something to do with Boyce, feeling he wasn't fit enough.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Maybe because his name is Boyce?

15 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Scott Fraser of Burton is out of contract at the end of the season and would be a cracking signing. Would add some much needed creativity.

Burton looking to sell in Jan as he’s not signing a new contract. Would defo be an investment with future resale potential. 

Was it not reported a couple of months ago we were one of a number of teams looking at him

Already there are some transfers happening, I did not expect any club to be ahead of us given the situation we find ourselves in.

SC said he had left us with a squad of very good football players, I do hope that AD isn’t continuing to buy into this, hoping that they will start to play for him now AA is gone,.

We need to get in and get some deals done immediately, sorry Board but you need to find some cash, and now.

7 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Already there are some transfers happening, I did not expect any club to be ahead of us given the situation we find ourselves in.

SC said he had left us with a squad of very good football players, I do hope that AD isn’t continuing to buy into this, hoping that they will start to play for him now AA is gone,.

We need to get in and get some deals done immediately, sorry Board but you need to find some cash, and now.

Steve Clarke was talking s**te when he told us he left a squad of very good players

24 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

Where are your quotes being negative when he signed these same players on extended contract?

These players upped their game because they had some superstars in amongst them. Bachman controlling the back 4, Mulumbu controlling the midfield, Jordan Jones winning a throw in 70 yards further up the field.

We absolutely DO NOT have a very good squad of players, and if anybody thinks we do they are deluded

21 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

These players upped their game because they had some superstars in amongst them. Bachman controlling the back 4, Mulumbu controlling the midfield, Jordan Jones winning a throw in 70 yards further up the field.

We absolutely DO NOT have a very good squad of players, and if anybody thinks we do they are deluded

Same question as before...

6 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I was never against signing these players on extended contracts, so no negativity. But most of them dont come under the category of "very good".

If they weren't very good, surely you would have been against having them around for longer. Anyway, I will take SC's opinion on them as players over yours.

It's all about opinions, yours as good as mine. Thankfully, neither of ours count.

2 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

If they weren't very good, surely you would have been against having them around for longer. Anyway, I will take SC's opinion on them as players over yours.

It's all about opinions, yours as good as mine. Thankfully, neither of ours count.

As it was actually me who initiated the discussion as to whether he left us a squad of “very” good players, I would have to think it was rather a play on words, the ones I have most of an issue include Millen , Thomas, Frizzell, Broadfoot, Wilson, we had to bring back Millar, Bruce and get two goalkeepers, we knew we had lost our best ever striker, Mulumbu, Jones, and had never looked to replace Stewart.

We were left extremely threadbare and when we brought in a manager who couldn’t even communicate with the players we had we were heading for an Inverness Thistle esque event, and it happened.

We most certainly have one of the worst “squads” in the league, this has been shown by the effect a couple of injuries has had on our season.

7 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Aye that’s how Aberdeen sign their players, wait n see who Killie are in for and sign them. Ridiculous statement. 

The only player I can think of that it applies to is Craig Bryson, who was already a well known player and one who didn't require any sort of scouting network to identify.