January transfer

Craigieboy

Just throwing this scenario out there for reactions and opinions, if O’Donnell is in fact signing a precontract with the sheep this month, we could let him go this month (saves the scenario we had last year with jones) but part of the agreement would for us to get Bryson in exchange this month, then we go and get  Luke Hendrie back from Grimsby as O’Donnell’s replacement did ok for us first time around. 

I see St Mirren and a few from the top half of the championship are looking at a striker from Montrose. Blair Lyons. Anyone know anything about him? Is he one we should be looking at. Lower leagues in Scotland a market we’ve neglected in recent years. 

No names given but three Scottish Premiership clubs reported to be looking at Matt Polster from Sevco. Can play RB and CM I believe

Edited by piffer

8 hours ago, skygod said:

I don't find much of this very reassuring:

Dyer said: "I have been talking to the club about transfers and getting players in and doing our bit. But it's up until whenever they say. I just come in every day and do my job. 

"We need another forward obviously and another midfield player to get us going again but we are not far from it.

"We don't need too many changes because the lads in the changing room are good lads and work hard. We just need a little bit of a boost."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11898630/scottish-premiership-club-by-club-transfers-guide-who-could-be-heading-for-scotland-in-january

It is definitely far from reassuring!

8 hours ago, skygod said:

I don't find much of this very reassuring:

Dyer said: "I have been talking to the club about transfers and getting players in and doing our bit. But it's up until whenever they say. I just come in every day and do my job. 

"We need another forward obviously and another midfield player to get us going again but we are not far from it.

"We don't need too many changes because the lads in the changing room are good lads and work hard. We just need a little bit of a boost."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11898630/scottish-premiership-club-by-club-transfers-guide-who-could-be-heading-for-scotland-in-january

He is just to ensure he doesn't undermine the current players and send their already low confidence even lower. SSC used to do this kind of thing too and I suspect this is one thing he has learned from the master. I am sure he knows we need strengthening and indeed mentioned it after the last game that we need 2 or 3 players.

We need 4 or 5 players, with an experienced striker as number one, in the situation we are in cannot afford to take chances with a loanee youngster and Brophy up top. We need to get up and running quickly, even Paul Wright took a little while to start scoring after he signed, at the moment we cannot afford this.

15 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

We need a lot more than just a striker and a midfielder. 

If that’s all he thinks we need then it’s worrying. 

Did Clarke say exactly what he needed? If we say we need x y and z then the asking price from clubs and agents goes up. 

he’s not wrong that we need a midfielder and a striker. If we get those right and Findlay back aswell we will be stronger 

For me we need. A creative midfielder as we have had no central creativity all season. Two strikers to help Brophy if not replace him in the team. Probably two wide players one of whom should have genuine pace. If SOD was to leave or sign a pre contract elsewhere then a RB as well. I’m not convinced we need major work at the back just an attitude change from some then find our work ethic and organisation again.

3 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Did Clarke say exactly what he needed? If we say we need x y and z then the asking price from clubs and agents goes up. 

he’s not wrong that we need a midfielder and a striker. If we get those right and Findlay back aswell we will be stronger 

He didn’t but I had confidence that he knew what he’s doing. 

With the greatest respect to Dyer, I don’t feel the same way with him. 

23 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

We need a right back, a creative midfielder or 2, a left wide man and at least one striker.

One or more may be squad players, but at least three need to be three first team players straight away.

Would it be a good idea to perhaps have a left wide player who is actually left footed? Seems crazy that so often we play right footed wingers on the left.

2 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

Would it be a good idea to perhaps have a left wide player who is actually left footed? Seems crazy that so often we play right footed wingers on the left.

That did my head in at St Mirren. Second half with two strikers on the park to get crosses in for we had a left footer on the right and a right footer on the left. Neither comfortable on their weaker foot and both too easily dealt with by the fullbacks