January transfer

Craigieboy

“I believe we have a good group of players at the club and with a few additions during the transfer window then I’m convinced we can rejuvenate our season and re-establish the identity the club has built over the past few years.”

That is from the official site the day Dyer was appointed. So he doesn't think we only need a couple of players. 

16 minutes ago, piffer said:

Tomorrow’s tabloids reporting Livi looking at Efe Ambrose. Hearts trying to do a deal for Liam Boyce this window to avoid a wages bidding war on a pre contract. 

Both of them would be a massive improvement to the current squad, I know won’t be, but surely some of the Greg Taylor transfer fee could be used for these guys wages? If we want to move forward we need to be willing to pay for players with proven ability. 

15 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

“I believe we have a good group of players at the club and with a few additions during the transfer window then I’m convinced we can rejuvenate our season and re-establish the identity the club has built over the past few years.”

That is from the official site the day Dyer was appointed. So he doesn't think we only need a couple of players. 

A couple is two, but how many is a few ? 

2 hours ago, GCM said:

If Dyer only thinks we need 2 players he is either delusional or the club is not backing him to sign more, either way it is worrying, at least, till players are signed and we see what the quality he has brought in.

If the two were a half fit Eremenko clone and a fit Boydie clone, that would transform us :)

2 hours ago, piffer said:

Tomorrow’s tabloids reporting Livi looking at Efe Ambrose. Hearts trying to do a deal for Liam Boyce this window to avoid a wages bidding war on a pre contract. 

Boyce is one we definitely missed out on. Once he got fit at County and Burton he scored plenty of goals for both of them. We won’t be able to afford him now. 

1 hour ago, Bobby14 said:

You implied it. Obviously realised it was a stupid thing to say.

No I didn't I implied that mcinnes and several other SPL managers have in the past gazumped us to signings.  That isnt saying their whole team isnamde up of our previous targets  which is something you decided I'd implied, that's your issue not mine.