January transfer

Craigieboy

42 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If he was fit, then yes in a heartbeat.

He won't be fit though I wouldn't imagine.

I'd say yes based on this too. People have went on about being disruptive but its clear weve already got that.

Hopefully it all clears up now with Dyer being at the helm

Seeing as how we need to hit the ground running and can't afford to bringing in average strikers who will hardly score, is it worth offering decent money to an out of contract striker?  There seems to plenty of them about.  These are obviously fanciful names, but strikers without a club just now include Giuseppe Rossi, Victor Anichebe (still), Leon Best even Wilfried Bony.

They may be a stretch but are those sort of names worth aiming for?  It would get them back in the shop window as well....

2 minutes ago, Barbinho said:

Seeing as how we need to hit the ground running and can't afford to bringing in average strikers who will hardly score, is it worth offering decent money to an out of contract striker?  There seems to plenty of them about.  These are obviously fanciful names, but strikers without a club just now include Giuseppe Rossi, Victor Anichebe (still), Leon Best even Wilfried Bony.

They may be a stretch but are those sort of names worth aiming for?  It would get them back in the shop window as well....

Giuseppe Rossi probably wouldn't play on Astro and is ridiculously injury prone. Anichibe would be a shout to get hIs career back on track but would they come who knows 

1 hour ago, Barbinho said:

Rossi is broken, Anichebe hasn't kicked a ball in 3 years, Leon Best is hopeless and Wilfried Bony is apparently on the way to The Owls. 

So, no, absolutely not the sort of players we should be looking at.

10 minutes ago, KillieFanInToon said:

Rossi is broken, Anichebe hasn't kicked a ball in 3 years, Leon Best is hopeless and Wilfried Bony is apparently on the way to The Owls. 

So, no, absolutely not the sort of players we should be looking at.

They were just examples of strikers without a club. I wasn't suggesting that particular group only.

16 minutes ago, Dcktid91 said:

The fact we haven't signed anyone yet is ridiculous.  It's obvious where we need to strengthen.  So why isn't there movement as soon as the window opens. Talk about relieving the pressure.. 

Only 3 days into the window with a manager who was the assistant 3 weeks ago. Give it time, only a few clubs have actually made a signing so far.

I'd be starting with four or five players this window as a minimum, not one or two. 

Without hesitation I'd be asking for Bachmann back (he's barely making match-day squads) and moving heaven and earth to get in Mulumbu.

Assuming the loan allowed, if we got Bachmann back I'd return Branescu to sender.

Painful to admit but we should be banging on Gerrard's door and picking up some of their fringe players.  As mentioned by others, get Polster to cash in on SOD this window and GS to bring the spark back to Brophy.  Appreciate these would both have to be loans.

Matt Kennedy, has to be inquired about, at the very least.

To try and round off a decent window I'd be cap in hand to Mr Clough at Burton to take Boyce and Scott Fraser off his hands.

There would still be some holes to plug possibly, but if we could get some of the above that would take us a lot closer to getting an 11 and bench that could compete again.

Even after those additions, I'd be giving DT a proper run of games.  I guarantee he would look a lot more interested than Liam Millar if he got a few starts under his belt.

2 hours ago, BluenwhiteARMY said:

Only 3 days into the window with a manager who was the assistant 3 weeks ago. Give it time, only a few clubs have actually made a signing so far.

Its that sort of attitude that's got us in this position. Just wait n see.. It will happen.. It never does. Get it done now! 

4 minutes ago, Dcktid91 said:

Its that sort of attitude that's got us in this position. Just wait n see.. It will happen.. It never does. Get it done now! 

I agree with it in principle. However there will be some deals that need to be left late, mulumbu and greg stewart both good examples

4 hours ago, BR1869 said:

I'd be starting with four or five players this window as a minimum, not one or two. 

Without hesitation I'd be asking for Bachmann back (he's barely making match-day squads) and moving heaven and earth to get in Mulumbu.

Assuming the loan allowed, if we got Bachmann back I'd return Branescu to sender.

Painful to admit but we should be banging on Gerrard's door and picking up some of their fringe players.  As mentioned by others, get Polster to cash in on SOD this window and GS to bring the spark back to Brophy.  Appreciate these would both have to be loans.

Matt Kennedy, has to be inquired about, at the very least.

To try and round off a decent window I'd be cap in hand to Mr Clough at Burton to take Boyce and Scott Fraser off his hands.

There would still be some holes to plug possibly, but if we could get some of the above that would take us a lot closer to getting an 11 and bench that could compete again.

Even after those additions, I'd be giving DT a proper run of games.  I guarantee he would look a lot more interested than Liam Millar if he got a few starts under his belt.

Bachmann is out injured at the moment,
We won't get Stewart back.
Boyce we can't afford.
Mulumbu hasn't kicked a ball this season!