January transfer

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, DuncD said:

Bachmann is too good for us now I fear regardless of today’s reported performance. He will go to a bigger club 

I agree he’s too good for Killie, but that was always the case. But circumstances may favour him coming on loan for the last few months of the season. It’d be another chance for him to get games and put himself in the shop window as he’s not even on the bench in Watford’s league games. The only negative from his point of view is Killie aren’t as high profile as they were last season. 

7 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

But circumstances may favour him coming on loan for the last few months of the season.

As he's out of contract in the summer, Watford will surely be trying to sell him in this window if they don't want to keep him. 

No value to them in lending him out if they are going to release him. 

3 hours ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Certainly hope it’s true.

Remember someone on here last season saying Kiltie wasn’t at Killie’s level anymore and while it was difficult to disagree at the time due to Killie being very good under Clark, our level has dropped since then. He should have been given the chance under AA. 

Maybe our level will level out at kiltie capability ( post injury). I said last year I though he was a top end championship player. I’ve not seen anything at Dunfermline or Morton to reappraise that view. Good luck if he comes back but it simply another damming indictment on the rate of our demise if we are pinning any hopes on Greg. 

So let me get this right, we are currently in freefall, so let’s go and get back the players that the last two managers jettisoned, that will have us flying up that table in no time.

Failure to get in some serious quality in this window will totally undo all the pleasure we experienced watching our team, I was impressed by our Board but I now think they are either totally clueless or were playing us like old fiddles. 
massive few weeks for club, failure to strengthen could be terminal this time.

18 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Failure to get in some serious quality in this window will totally undo all the pleasure we experienced watching our team, 

100% correct. We have lost a shed load of quality in the last 6 months and 100% failed to replace any of it.

What amazes me us that anybody us surprised. AA was a disaster  he just did not seem to realise how poor we were and kept playing tactics tha could not work wit the personal we have. 

Surely Dyer can see it.

29 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

So let me get this right, we are currently in freefall, so let’s go and get back the players that the last two managers jettisoned, that will have us flying up that table in no time.

I guess the thinking is that, if we have injuries and/or suspensions, we would have bodies in the building rather than have to go out and sign free agents. 

If we got left with no LB say, people would be screaming about Waters being out on loan. 

Another factor in bringing Waters back is that it should weaken Saints. 

In short, it looks like a case of “all hands to the pump”! 

A lot of clubs often recall loan players in January for various reasons , for example they feel the current loan is not suitable for the player or they have recieved a better financial offer from another club either in terms of a higher loan wage payment or for a permanent move 

AD might also just want to assess himself the first team squad at this point during training or speak to each player about thier future in that first week they report back ..... I would not be too surprised if come end of the month various players have again left either on loan or permanently 

Yes it Would be beneficial if we started to see some arrivals confirmed asap but what matters most is in this window is making the right choices and bringing in quality 

I can see Kiltie coming back and Macdonald. I’d rather have Waters than Stephen Hendrie. Waters at least is solid defensively and when deputising first Taylor never did much wrong. 
Macdonald is good enough to be challenging from bench if he wants to. I doubt he will maybe Livi will offer for him as their keeper is offski. Frizzell can stay at Dumbarton for 20 years.

17 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Maybe our level will level out at kiltie capability ( post injury). I said last year I though he was a top end championship player. I’ve not seen anything at Dunfermline or Morton to reappraise that view. Good luck if he comes back but it simply another damming indictment on the rate of our demise if we are pinning any hopes on Greg. 

Would have kiltie on the park before el makrini all day long

1 hour ago, Killie Conman said:

Sorry

You are believing the press

AA may or may not have been a disaster, but please tell me what the difference in his tactics was 

I was at every game under Alessio and to me, we set up in almost exactly the same way as under Clarke

Difference is, we have lost some of our most important and influential players

Even allowing for Bachman, Broadfoot and Taylor going, AAs defence was for a good spell getting clean sheets most weeks

The problem for all to see is creativity and goals

El Makrini Millar and McKenzie are now playing regularly in positions where we had Mulumbu, Stewart and Jones at various times  

No offence to them but they are not in the same class

Exactly this. Gdevoy is jumping on the bandwagon that AA was poor without looking at the facts!

16 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Only 18 though, the young players we've had on loan from England haven't made much impact. 

Woodman and Longstaff improved us a few seasons back. Ndjoli and Millar last season made a bigger impact than sow and Jackson. Ben Gordon wasn’t too shabby either