January transfer

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Same could be said for Jack Byrne who’s gone on to be best player in Irish league and being selected for Ireland. Couldn’t get in or near our team. Clarke got Boyd scoring 18 goals and Stewart playing best he ever did. Enobokhare and Byrne by all accounts had bad attitudes etc or maybe they would have been given more time. 

The four guys who were ahead of Byrne in the pecking order here would also have been the best player in the league of Ireland if they had gone that route. No harm to Jack Byrne but it's not much of a standard.

10 hours ago, fraz65 said:

It's part of the manager's job to recruit the appropriate players though. 

AA may not have been backed properly by the board- none of us know the details. I would be surprised if SSC had made signings of the calibre of Sow and Jackson. 

Not all SSC signings were great. I don’t think AA had a chance in the summer window.

3 hours ago, mitch14 said:

"“I haven’t heard anything from Kilmarnock yet,” MacDonald revealed. “They’re back in this week – I train with them a couple of days a week anyway." 

From Jamie Mac in The Herald. Sounds like the real work will start this week. 

He was sensational against Thistle the other week. Highlights were on Alloas Twitter and he was only beaten by their second penalty kick. If Larry is a better keeper I think it's only marginal.

2 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Same could be said for Jack Byrne who’s gone on to be best player in Irish league and being selected for Ireland. Couldn’t get in or near our team. Clarke got Boyd scoring 18 goals and Stewart playing best he ever did. Enobokhare and Byrne by all accounts had bad attitudes etc or maybe they would have been given more time. 

Byrne went back to Ireland as a family member was seriously ill.

We seem to have time to sell players but not to sign them. The idea of having Fowler in was to be ready for the window opening. . Feel we truly have very little idea how to run a club. Don’t doubt we will bring players in but 2/3 days before our first game would be poor 

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Is Devante Cole who scored against us for Motherwell good enough to be our new Osman Sow. His loan from Wigan is up and they are looking to shift him. 

That lad seems to be working his way down the leagues. Started at West Ham i think.  Plenty like that in England. I wonder if AD will look for a different style of player , we already have the run aboot a lot type.

51 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

England National league South or North club player for Kilmarnock look to bring new signing 

There's not a great deal of talent in the National League South.

I watched Dulwich Hamlet recently and Lionel Ainsworth was playing for them! Looked like the most talented player on the pitch and scored a cracking goal but just flitted around the periphery of the match. Only used his pace over short distances too.

Still just 32, he could do better than Dulwich but maybe he's got other interests.

2 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

Not sure about currently but I think Dieselfleet may have played at that level

England National league South or North club player for Kilmarnock look to bring new signing someone like Vardy and St Mirren and Dundee (Deacon from Dundee  and black men and white men in st Mirren)