January transfer

Craigieboy

1 minute ago, Wrangodog said:

To be fair to AD the interviewer didn't exactly ask any searching questions, it was like a Facebook post where everything is just fantastic. 

Could probably have proved a little more with some questions but understandable why club TV isn’t going down that route. They’re hardly going to rock the boat too much. Certain managers or players would address key issues off their own back and I’d hope Dyer and some of the playing staff will do that soon. All has not appeared well recently and there was a major breakdown in the relationship with the support in Paisley that needs fixed

Hopefully the club is well down the line on securing the 2 main targets and they are the better quality we need... then can look to add others ...

The period under AA hardly got a mention in that interview , Gavin often asked about life under SC , and how AD will use that period etc ....with barely a word about AA....bit like the club are wanting to airbrush that period away for whatever reason 

41 minutes ago, skygod said:

He said that JF called him the day after the St Mirren match and told him he could have the job if he wanted it. Good to know the club operates along such informal lines! 

Absolutely f**king tragic if true. 

I can see us scraping the barrel again at the end of the window. I've seen nothing that suggests we have a coherent plan beyond sacking AA and giving it to Dyer regardless of how well he done as interim.

3 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

The period under AA hardly got a mention in that interview , Gavin often asked about life under SC , and how AD will use that period etc ....with barely a word about AA....bit like the club are wanting to airbrush that period away for whatever reason 

AD even spoke about “the last gaffer” when he clearly meant SC. 

4 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

I didn’t like the fact that Clarke was mentioned a number of times. He’s a crucial part of what we’ve done in the last few seasons and that can’t be forgotten but we do need to move on. We can’t let him be a shadow over Dyer. Dyer must be allowed to be his own man. 

7 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Hopefully the club is well down the line on securing the 2 main targets and they are the better quality we need... then can look to add others ...

That was the case when AA was still here. In their first podcast the questions were mainly 'How amazing is Steve Clarke though, really?' and no mention of the current manager.

Edited by bute-killiefan

I really want Dyer to succeed and he seems like a genuine nice guy.

I'll judge him and Fowler on the next 6mths though and who we bring in, if as happened in the summer we wait to btil the last minute and sign some duffer on loan from Doncaster we'll be in a relegation battle. Guys like St Clair, Kiltie may just be in need of a manager like Dyer and come in from the cold and improve the side.

Let's not read too much into interviews and those 3 performances as caretaker.

The new manager starts against Queens Park and should be judged from then on

9 minutes ago, piffer said:

Could probably have proved a little more with some questions but understandable why club TV isn’t going down that route. They’re hardly going to rock the boat too much. Certain managers or players would address key issues off their own back and I’d hope Dyer and some of the playing staff will do that soon. All has not appeared well recently and there was a major breakdown in the relationship with the support in Paisley that needs fixed

I would imagine the questions we would all want to ask would be (a) Have you identified any players that you want to sign ? (b) Do you think there will be signings before the league restarts ?  Not looking for names but after the summer fiasco I would think we are looking for some assurance that we aren't waiting until the last hour of the transfer window this time. Personally, I think we need more than two recruits, but if it is only two they need to be players that will improve the quality of the squad. 

10 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I would imagine the questions we would all want to ask would be (a) Have you identified any players that you want to sign ? (b) Do you think there will be signings before the league restarts ? 

He's in a hiding to nothing whatever he says. 

The fact that he's mentioned two players has already sparked panic in some posts on here that that isn't enough. 

If he says he's identified players and two or three days pass without a signing then folk will be kicking off. 

I'm happy for it to be behind closed doors as long as the work is being done. 

I'll be astounded if players don't come in after us hiring someone specifically to get players in. 

On 2 January 2020 at 1:38 AM, doubledutch1869 said:

Wes McDonald plays in a position we desperately need to improve, is out of contract this month, should be in budget (league 2), has had a decent season so far and is only 22. Surely this is exactly the type of player we should be after

Signed a new deal with Walsall.

40 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I would imagine the questions we would all want to ask would be (a) Have you identified any players that you want to sign ? (b) Do you think there will be signings before the league restarts ?  Not looking for names but after the summer fiasco I would think we are looking for some assurance that we aren't waiting until the last hour of the transfer window this time. Personally, I think we need more than two recruits, but if it is only two they need to be players that will improve the quality of the squad. 

To be honest I was looking for a lot more than transfer talk. I’d have preferred mor than a brief outdoor chat. We know Dyer has things he wants to do but don’t know what they are. We know he’s made changes but don’t know what they are. I’m not looking for a huge analysis but a bit more detail and perhaps let us see why he was given the job. 

1 hour ago, Dan1el said:

I really want Dyer to succeed and he seems like a genuine nice guy.

I'll judge him and Fowler on the next 6mths though and who we bring in, if as happened in the summer we wait to btil the last minute and sign some duffer on loan from Doncaster we'll be in a relegation battle. Guys like St Clair, Kiltie may just be in need of a manager like Dyer and come in from the cold and improve the side.

Let's not read too much into interviews and those 3 performances as caretaker.

The new manager starts against Queens Park and should be judged from then on

6 months is longer than the last guy got. 

Aberdeen complete the signing of McGeough and have apparently offered a pre contract to Matty Kennedy. Two players I’d have liked in Killie strips. I hope we are at least testing the water with Kennedy and not standing by. Reports say St Mirren enquired but couldn’t compete financially. 

Aberdeen have signed Dylan McGeouch and looks like going in for Matty Kennedy as well. Depressing seeing teams signing those types of players that would really improve us. Not even a scrap of a rumour of who we are interested in, I’m beginning to wonder if the club even have any idea who our targets are