January transfer

Craigieboy

Miller at Hamilton would be a decent signing. He’s a good player. Would give something different. Not necessarily a first choice but to bulk our squad. 

Ohallaron aswell at St Johnstone is good but not being utilised properly. Would like to see him have a chance resurrecting his career. Pace and could score a goal. Rangers move killed him.

28 minutes ago, Cc87 said:

St Johnstone’s new head of football is... Kirsten Robertson. 

And good luck to them - she's f**kin' mental... :30:

She was persuaded to return in 2017, taking over as the polarising Johnston finally walked away.

“And then we got Steve Clarke,” she grinned, like a lovelorn 
teenager, “whom I’d been looking for, for a long, long time!

“And what a fantastic experience it was working with him.

“We were completely aligned in so many ways. Anything off the pitch, he just said, ‘I don’t want to know – football’s my sole focus and you deal with the rest.’

“We’d been in touch with him through third parties over the years but the time had never been right.

“Then all of a sudden it was. It was the perfect storm, getting us to third in the league and back in Europe.

“But all good things come to an end, eh? Eventually we arrived at a point, sitting in a dugout together, chatting, and we both looked at each other and said: ‘We’re not going to be here next season, are we?’”

57 minutes ago, Cc87 said:

Noticed Matty Kennedy is on the verge of signing for Aberdeen, and within the article it says St Johnstone’s new head of football is... Kirsten Robertson. 

Didn't it click when St Johnstone said they'd give the Old Firm three stands, let them bring their own stadium announcer and use the home changing room facilities?

7 hours ago, Killiebob said:

Loving what Dyer/Fowler have done so far, getting rid of dead wood loan signings, Miller included. Another couple to go hopefully. The names mentioned on here as potential signings smell of rank desperation- hope Dyer isn’t reading any of this s**te, it’s embarrassing! 
Quality not quantity is what’s required . 

To be fair, we need quality AND quantity. 

8 hours ago, Killiebob said:

Loving what Dyer/Fowler have done so far, getting rid of dead wood loan signings, Miller included. Another couple to go hopefully. The names mentioned on here as potential signings smell of rank desperation- hope Dyer isn’t reading any of this s**te, it’s embarrassing! 
Quality not quantity is what’s required . 

Getting rid of them was the easy part. Anyone could see that was needed. It’s what happens next that counts. 

I don't think signing Wighton if he was available for hee haw would be that bad a move. He's been completely under utilised and is young enough that he can be worked with. As a team painfully short of strikers, a 22 year old who did perform very well at Dundee could fit the profile.

1 minute ago, Bullitt said:

I don't think signing Wighton if he was available for hee haw would be that bad a move. He's been completely under utilised and is young enough that he can be worked with. As a team painfully short of strikers, a 22 year old who did perform very well at Dundee could fit the profile.

It depends what kind of striker we are looking for, he has never scored more than 2 in a season, even at Dundee before his move to Hearts he scored 2 in 35 games, would be classed as a 'panic signing' if we made a move for him and hopefully there are more proven options out there.

14 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Be worth going for Oli Shaw? Even on loan. We were linked in the summer. Doesn't seem to be getting a game at Hibs, Doige, Boyle and Kamberi ahead of him. Always thought he looked decent. 12 goals in 65 games for Hibs and still only 21.

If it was a permanent deal yes, if it was a loan till the end of the season no I'd say. Would still like an experienced striker in as our starter though.

Just now, PillieKie said:

If it was a permanent deal yes, if it was a loan till the end of the season no I'd say. Would still like an experienced striker in as our starter though.

Agreed. I’d be happy getting a player of that profile permanently. On loan, no ta.

10 minutes ago, Ipkis said:

I'm sorry but some of us have lowered our expectations dramatically since this time last year. We should be in a better financial position now than we were then, and able to bring in a bit of quality.

Exactly. Not one of these players will alter things substantially and certainly won’t get anyone excited.

3 hours ago, Barbinho said:

To be fair, we need quality AND quantity. 

Correct.  The patronising "quality not quantity line" ran its race during the summer as an excuse for a lack of activity, before we ended up with three absolute turkeys on deadline day.

We already had a threadbare squad, and have released three of our already depleted attack.  This is not a problem that's going to be solved by signing one good forward and then crossing our fingers that he doesn't get injured between now and the end of the season.

Just now, red_dug said:

Hearts seem to be punting a few. 

Id take steven mclean if he was available, pitch issues aside. 

Hes a niggly pest of a player, decent in the air and can score goals. Exactly what we need

Jambos reckon this is a season too much for him.

38 year old now I think.

3 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Hearts seem to be punting a few. 

Id take steven mclean if he was available, pitch issues aside. 

Hes a niggly pest of a player, decent in the air and can score goals. Exactly what we need

I think they are going to struggle to get rid of any of them!

No SPL club should take their players as every one they get rid of is another new player they can bring in.

The level of ineptitude in their incoming recruitment is incredible. Some huge contracts for old, injured and often useless players.