January transfer

Craigieboy

3 minutes ago, offday281 said:

Rory is a product of the youth system here at Rugby Park and made his senior debut in April 2011.

in that time there has been  6 Killie managers

Kenny Shields : gave him his debut and won the cup decent manager for us 

Lee Clark : For all his faults we were in the top six when he left (sic)

Lee McCulloch: Never a manager but many on here would argue had a great eye for a player 

Steve Clarke : Most points in a calendar year . finished 3rd in league gave Rory a new contract

Angelo Alessio :Chelsea Italy Juventus Killie .

Alex Dyer : TBC assistant to our best manager in a generation

Every one of them has played Rory in a number of positions . He has been in and out the team . He has killie at heart . Clearly they all see something you don't . See JF when he was a player . only missed when no longer here 

Stop using this excuse it’s boring. Under SC when we had Jones and Stewart where was Rory? On the bench. SC played him because there was no other option. He’s a squad player at best, think otherwise and your delusional.

1 minute ago, offday281 said:

It's only as boring as your constant he is s**te chat. I am not saying he is a first team superstar . but he is a much needed part of the squad who can play a number of positions and always plays for the team. making him an easy target of the find someone to blame gang . clearly he contributes something to be the longest serving player at the club 

How’s he much needed when he isn’t a winger, isn’t a striker and isn’t any better than the current centre midfielders? What do we actually NEED him for? Please just tell me. Read my post again and tell me I’m wrong and why he would improve our current on field problems. 

9 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

How’s he much needed when he isn’t a winger, isn’t a striker and isn’t any better than the current centre midfielders? What do we actually NEED him for? Please just tell me. Read my post again and tell me I’m wrong and why he would improve our current on field problems. 

If any player in these positions is injured/suspended? To challenge the players in those positions to play well otherwise there is someone there to step in and do a job?

Why would any team need any players outside their best 11 if that is the argument you are going to go down? Every manager since he got his debut has seen something in him that they like. Lots of the work he does goes unnoticed, he should get more goals and assists although going by transfer market he gets a goal or an assist every 321 minuted in the Prem so roughly every 3.5 games which isn't too bad considering how poor we have been over the years.

3 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

No one has ever claimed Rory is a world beater. He's a good squad player who can do a turn in multiple positions, that can be invaluable to a team, you know that you'll get 100% wherever you play him. Someday's he'll have a good game as seen by his MOTM stats earlier this season, a few times last season when we started poorly, it took a bit of determination and a crunching tackle from Rory to fire up the crowd and the team. He has his headless chicken days but players at this level have those. His goal tally should be better all the same.

James Fowler is remembered fondly now, cup winner and was often our utility man. Played just about every position at one point but he got dogs abuse from the crowd at times. 

I'd be offering Rory a new deal

A new deal? Really?

So McKenzie is pish but Facebook and Twitter are full of people gushing over Liam Millar. I'm between the McKenzie haters and the McKenzie lovers. He plays a role in the team but he doesn't always play well in that role. He is symptomatic of where we are as a team right now, if we had better players he would be on the bench, but we don't have better players. 

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

Stop using this excuse it’s boring. Under SC when we had Jones and Stewart where was Rory? On the bench. SC played him because there was no other option. He’s a squad player at best, think otherwise and your delusional.

He started 14 games and came off the bench in 10 times. Played in every game after the split, starting 4 and coming on against Celtic.
Used as a winger in almost all of these games. 
Had an injury at the start of the season an d went on to play in 24 of 38 games in our most successful SPFL campaign.

I think Steve Clark knows better than most, I’ll take his opinion over @Guff92.

17 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Clarke started him in the 1-1 at Ibrox, 1-1 at Celtic, 1-0 at home to Celtic and the 2-1 european clincher vs Rangers - some of our biggest results under SC. 

Pay attention, you clueless muppet. 

Using facts is very mid 2010s.

11 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I'm between the McKenzie haters and the McKenzie lovers. He plays a role in the team but he doesn't always play well in that role. He is symptomatic of where we are as a team right now, if we had better players he would be on the bench, but we don't have better players. 

That sums it up perfectly for me. It’s surprising that such a run of the mill player can provoke such strong opinions on either side. I’ve generally defended him in the face of some of the ridiculous abuse he gets, but some people are becoming overly sensitive about any criticism of him.

5 minutes ago, killie89 said:

That sums it up perfectly for me. It’s surprising that such a run of the mill player can provoke such strong opinions on either side. I’ve generally defended him in the face of some of the ridiculous abuse he gets, but some people are becoming overly sensitive about any criticism of him.

To be fair, I think most are critical of the abuse rather than saying he’s a superstar.