January transfer

Craigieboy

4 minutes ago, Killiesince69 said:

It's his umpteenth chance but yes, lets hope he takes this one. 

He is now injury free and the club have actively decided that they want him. I’d say this is probably the best (and last) chance.

I’ve never really seen enough to know either way whether I rate him.

21 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

He is now injury free and the club have actively decided that they want him. I’d say this is probably the best (and last) chance.

I’ve never really seen enough to know either way whether I rate him.

Injury free with a year of football under his belt. The fact he seemed to get injured every time he came back can’t have helped him mentally. Having a decent year and two loan spells will hopefully have helped him overcome any mental locks if there were any.

7 minutes ago, jazza said:

I read a tweet that Brian Graham is being pursued by Thistle. I’ve always quite liked him and has been a frequent scorer. Someone we should inquire about if there is an opportunity imo. 

Very surprised RC are letting him go. A combative menace.

19 minutes ago, jazza said:

I read a tweet that Brian Graham is being pursued by Thistle. I’ve always quite liked him and has been a frequent scorer. Someone we should inquire about if there is an opportunity imo. 

Not the most mobile. Should be aiming higher than him imo 

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

The first thing Kiltie did against Rangers earlier in the season was take the ball into feet and then turned to face the Rangers goal and played a through ball. Currently we have no midfielders willing to do that. We pass side to side and let the wingers/fullbacks advance.

Always liked him as a player, been incredibly unlucky with injuries as he was hitting momentum. Here's hoping he takes his chance.

absolutely spot on

Good luck to Kiltie. But tbh hardly inspiring. Hope he kicks on but we cant be relying on him as a " new signing " ??? Have a terrible terrible feeling this window is going to end up like the summer one . Which if it does, I can only see one eventuality, playoffs at least !!!

38 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

Good luck to Kiltie. But tbh hardly inspiring. Hope he kicks on but we cant be relying on him as a " new signing " ??? Have a terrible terrible feeling this window is going to end up like the summer one . Which if it does, I can only see one eventuality, playoffs at least !!!

Agree 100%...... present squad not good enough to stay above bottom two places imho :(

30 minutes ago, cdj said:

Agree 100%...... present squad not good enough to stay above bottom two places imho :(

We've still got 3 weeks to go, but a couple of exciting signings (with a promise of more to come) would go a long way to appeasing fans after the disastrous summer window.

I still have faith that the club will be pulling out all the stops to get it right in this window.

We should have money available. It's down to Fowler and Dyer to get it right.

Do well, and they will get the team back on the rails and the fans back on board.

Have another nightmare, and the club will have done it's best to destroy the legacy of Clarke and the feel-good factor will evaporate as quickly as the fanbase.

Failure is not an option.

51 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

We've still got 3 weeks to go, but a couple of exciting signings (with a promise of more to come) would go a long way to appeasing fans after the disastrous summer window.

I still have faith that the club will be pulling out all the stops to get it right in this window.

We should have money available. It's down to Fowler and Dyer to get it right.

Do well, and they will get the team back on the rails and the fans back on board.

Have another nightmare, and the club will have done it's best to destroy the legacy of Clarke and the feel-good factor will evaporate as quickly as the fanbase.

Failure is not an option.

Can you imagine a play off to the scum does not bear thinking

5 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

The first thing Kiltie did against Rangers earlier in the season was take the ball into feet and then turned to face the Rangers goal and played a through ball. Currently we have no midfielders willing to do that. We pass side to side and let the wingers/fullbacks advance.

Always liked him as a player, been incredibly unlucky with injuries as he was hitting momentum. Here's hoping he takes his chance.

Exactly right, I’ve been saying that since he was loaned out. Hopefully he will be stronger, match fitter and more confident in his game AND his overall strength especially in the areas where he picked up injuries before. Go Greg!!

1 hour ago, cdj said:

Agree 100%...... present squad not good enough to stay above bottom two places imho 

We've had a bad spell but if we can sort out our system again I don't think quality is as drastic as that.

We could mess this up big time but I wouldn't say our squad is anything of the level of bottom 2 and that's before we add anyone. If Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County or Livingston finish outside the bottom 4 they have over achieved for what they have available.

3 decent signings in the right positions and we're a**** the better squads in the league again.

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We've had a bad spell but if we can sort out our system again I don't think quality is as drastic as that.

We could mess this up big time but I wouldn't say our squad is anything of the level of bottom 2 and that's before we add anyone. If Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County or Livingston finish outside the bottom 4 they have over achieved for what they have available.

3 decent signings in the right positions and we're a**** the better squads in the league again.

Agree with this. In the last couple of seasons including earlier this under AA we could get away from games we played badly with a point or on some occasions snatch three. It’s not always pretty but we have to find that side of our game again. Replace Millar, Sow and Jackson with players who will make an impact then we will be fine. If we somehow replace them with the quality we had last season then we really can kick on.