January transfer

Craigieboy

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don't know how many of them I would be happy with as I don't know much about them.

However, I assume that in each case they have been scouted, due diligence has been done and all the clubs concerned believe that they can will bring something extra to their squad.

Now, would you say that was the process we followed when we signed Sow and Jackson - or do you think it was more a case of:
'F**k sake we've only got one fit striker so we had better sign another one. Who is still available?'

Don't think anyone, including the club, disagree with that. That's why they hired Fowler. 

2 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Clearing what decks? The squad is threadbare.

Any sensible club gets the replacement in before releasing anyone, the summer shows we do things in reverse and it bites us in the backside.

Clearing the utter guff that was in the squad. Would you have just kept Sow, Jackson etc for the hell of it?

1 minute ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

I'd have kept Sow, he has proven he can score at this level when given the right service. 

Dundee United claiming they won’t be looking for a new striker this window as he’s returned there fully fit and will have a part to play in the rest of the season

18 minutes ago, piffer said:

Dundee United claiming they won’t be looking for a new striker this window as he’s returned there fully fit and will have a part to play in the rest of the season

4th choice behind Shankland ,Clarke and Apperrie .In other words he has no chance  of playing and they hoped we would have kept him . 

Edited by Killiepies

4 hours ago, Charlies PaPa said:

plenty of comment on the forum about other clubs activity.  How many of the players signed by St. J.  St M.  Ham.  Motherwell or Livingston would you have been happy with.  Few if any I would guess.  Numbers mean nothing, be patient and let AD an JF get it right.

I’d have loved it if we’d signed Jamie McGrath, but that might just be because he’s from my home town and his uncle was my drinking buddy. I think he’s too good for St Mirren.

Can’t believe some folk give negative ratings for saying we are a shambles.

its criminal how we managed to lose the momentum built up over the previous 18 months.

we have 1 week till our SC game and so far our squad is even weaker.

WTF is going on?

honestly would anyone be overly surprised if the QP game goes to a replay after  a 0-0 draw?

if mr Bowie doesn’t want to put the effort in then get someone in who does.

queue the red cards or whatever they are these days

4 minutes ago, Kanyon said:

This is the hardest window to do anything in. Players r not easy to come by especially players who have actually been playing for there clubs. Will need a bit of luck to come out of this significantly stronger.

Plenty players out there without a club, for example.