Bruce

Del Fab

Dicker

Power 

El Mak 

McKenzie 

Kiltie/Burke

Brophy

and I’d wager that’s what it will look like until the end if the season. Until Findlay returns. Sure we will bring in 2/3 bodies again but totally unconvinced we’ll improve the starting 11. 

The team would pretty much pick itself every week as the existing squad has practically no cover. Other than Findlay as you’ve said and Wilson we would practically be down to young kids. 
The lack of strength in depth is frightening compared to where we were earlier this year. 
If we were a normal business you would honestly think that the board were asset stripping and driving down operating costs in preparation for a sale. 

1 minute ago, Fudger said:

How much does the pitch save us in a year? I have never seen a firm figure on that amount.

We must lose out on many players due to it. I know that Naismith would have likely ended his career here had it not been for the pitch, must be others. 

6 figure sum a year was touted at the time. 

30 minutes ago, Fudger said:

How much does the pitch save us in a year? I have never seen a firm figure on that amount.

We must lose out on many players due to it. I know that Naismith would have likely ended his career here had it not been for the pitch, must be others. 

Lucky escape not signing Naismith given his injury list.... same with Bryson.

15 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Lucky escape not signing Naismith given his injury list.... same with Bryson.

I don't buy this, injuries can be a problem with the training or your lifestyle. Both players would travel significantly less if we had signed them meaning less time sitting in scar etc, our training methods of late have delivered less injuries so you could argue that if they had joined us then they could have enjoyed a injury free end to their careers.

16 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

I don't buy this, injuries can be a problem with the training or your lifestyle. Both players would travel significantly less if we had signed them meaning less time sitting in scar etc, our training methods of late have delivered less injuries so you could argue that if they had joined us then they could have enjoyed a injury free end to their careers.

I can only speak from personal experience and towards the end of my amateur "career" I had and still have problems with my right knee. I hated playing on Astro as the recovery time after a game took much longer than grass pitches. I stopped training twice per week as I found it very unforgiving so I can totally see the point of Naismith etc. 

I think we all get defensive of the pitch in the face of criticism (which often isn't justified) from other clubs BUT it does prevent us signing certain players. So far you could argue it hasn't been a bad thing (Naisy and Bryson) but that won't always be the case. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

The team would pretty much pick itself every week as the existing squad has practically no cover. Other than Findlay as you’ve said and Wilson we would practically be down to young kids. 
The lack of strength in depth is frightening compared to where we were earlier this year. 
If we were a normal business you would honestly think that the board were asset stripping and driving down operating costs in preparation for a sale. 

Thinking the same. Cash being syphoned to other businesses. Thats what you would be thinking with a "normal" business.

Edited by killiefife

8 minutes ago, killiefife said:

Thinking the same. Cash being syphoned to other businesses. Thats what you would be thinking with a "normal" business.

Hotel improvements don't pay for themselves ;-)

Where has all the money gone? (prize money, Europe money, cut in wage bill, SFA compensation, sale of Taylor) All spent on a pointless hospitality box and relaying the pitch?

Edited by gjkillie007

22 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

Where has all the money gone? (prize money, Europe money, cut in wage bill, SFA compensation, sale of Taylor) All spent on a pointless hospitality box and relaying the pitch?

The amount we're paying on wages at the minute must be at least a few hundred grand a year less than we were paying last year. At a conservative estimate, if Mulumbu, Broadfoot, Jones, Boyd and Taylor were on £1.5k a week each then that's about £400k a year there alone. Add that to the Taylor money. Did Bowie not state in the summer that we were going to have an increased budget this year as well? I'm struggling to see where this has gone. 

Edited by KillieDIV

15 minutes ago, ekblue said:

I am all for the club not revealing their targets until the deals are done, but it would be good to hear from the club that James Fowler is working 24/7 to secure some signings.  Surely we will get some positive news at some point this week.

Even just a strategy. We knew under Clarke we would be waiting until the end of windows. Is this still the case. 

Rangers are facing competition from their former manager in the race to sign Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher, according to a report in England.

The 19-year-old is currently on loan at Charlton Athletic but it’s been reported that Steven Gerrard would like to bring him to Ibrox until the end of the season.

Now though Goal is reporting that Queens Park Rangers, managed by former Ibrox gaffer Mark Warburton, have also expressed an interest.

Burnley, Norwich, West Bromwich Albion, Millwall and Swansea have all been linked with loan moves this month.

40 minutes ago, ekblue said:

I am all for the club not revealing their targets until the deals are done, but it would be good to hear from the club that James Fowler is working 24/7 to secure some signings.  Surely we will get some positive news at some point this week.

I am fairly confident that our Head of Football Ops will be trying to get players. Releasing a statement to that effect would be stating the obvious, surely?

1 hour ago, gjkillie007 said:

It was publicised back in August, BB agreed a loan from HSBC for over £1m to cover the cost of upgrading the Hotel.

The hotel should be meeting the repayments from profits, so, yes, the hotel will pay for itself.....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.insider.co.uk/news/seven-figure-loan-backs-hotel-19021484.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiThor054DnAhWKTxUIHaxWBEwQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw115x7OKH3nSSzDUzEYgAiG&ampcf=1

2 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I don’t understand your point. Are you suggesting we are NOT actively looking for players?

Yes we are looking for players but it looks as if we aren't very good at it. Can't just wait until the end of the transfer window again. The way we are going Queens Park will fancy their chances on Saturday.

46 minutes ago, ekblue said:

I am all for the club not revealing their targets until the deals are done

I would hope targets were signed before releasing/letting players go on loan. Fowler has been in the job for about 6 weeks before the window opened and nearly halfway through January all that’s happened is an already thin squad has got smaller. 

A 3rd place finish, €240,000 from playing in the first round of the Europa league plus the money from a home gate of 8300 against Nomads plus the Taylor money. After a lot of big earners moved on from last season the wage budget at this point of the season must be a fair chunk smaller than last season.

I understand we’ve spent money on the pitch etc but if this is the best squad we can assemble with all that extra income then I can understand why fans are asking questions and worrying about the rest of the season. 

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It was publicised back in August, BB agreed a loan from HSBC for over £1m to cover the cost of upgrading the Hotel.

The hotel should be meeting the repayments from profits, so, yes, the hotel will pay for itself.....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.insider.co.uk/news/seven-figure-loan-backs-hotel-19021484.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiThor054DnAhWKTxUIHaxWBEwQFjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw115x7OKH3nSSzDUzEYgAiG&ampcf=1

Good to know. So where has the money gone?