January transfer

Craigieboy

6 minutes ago, andy123 said:

2 free agents. Wonder why they are free agents think I could guess. Least we are getting players in I suppose not the kind of signings I was hoping for 

While I don't entirely disagree that its a bit underwhelming, honest question - who were you hoping for?

1 minute ago, BigYin said:

Kwame Thomas, the 6ft 3 striker we’re supposedly interested in certainly will be physical. I’m not talking about Dom Thomas 

Apologies I realise that now. I hadn’t caught up with all the transfer ‘rumours’ when I replied. 

3 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't think it will be an eye opener. They'll turn out for an end of season game that promised our best league finish for over fifty years, but turning out for a possible thumping midweek in January at £27 a go is a completely different story. 

It may well be embarrassing and very likely the so called fans who called for the OF to be moved out of the stand, will stay away again. It will probably be partially masked by OF buying home tickets, but let’s be honest, we could financed two very decent players with the lost revenue. The Board may have let us down recently, but I don’t suppose they’ll think the fans are doing their part when they see the home crowds at these games. By the way, Morton have now got as many subscribers to their TiK equivalent as us.......since August. 

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

It may well be embarrassing and very likely the so called fans who called for the OF to be moved out of the stand, will stay away again. It will probably be partially masked by OF buying home tickets, but let’s be honest, we could financed two very decent players with the lost revenue. The Board may have let us down recently, but I don’t suppose they’ll think the fans are doing their part when they see the home crowds at these games. By the way, Morton have now got as many subscribers to their TiK equivalent as us.......since August. 

I was totally in favour of the old firm losing a stand due to their sectarian singing and highly disruptive behaviour.

Why am I a ‘so called fan’?

Or have I misunderstood your point?

Edited by NorfolkG

2 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

The Board may have let us down recently, but I don’t suppose they’ll think the fans are doing their part when they see the home crowds at these games.

"The Board" completely screwed up a great position last May. They did hee haw right through the summer transfer window, then laded us with a total donkey of a manager who got us out of a cup competition over 2 legs to a team of amateurs. Which part is it you think the fans are not doing?

I don't believe the board are fully to blame for the poor uptake in support since we took a stand off the OF. 

I heard Bowie had hoped/banked on us seeing a 1-2k increase on ordinary games to offset the "loss" from OF revenue. If you take away the freebies in the Moffat stand, the increase hasn't been great. The game next Wednesday could be pathetic in terms of home crowd numbers. 

11 minutes ago, Fudger said:

I don't believe the board are fully to blame for the poor uptake in support since we took a stand off the OF. 

I heard Bowie had hoped/banked on us seeing a 1-2k increase on ordinary games to offset the "loss" from OF revenue. If you take away the freebies in the Moffat stand, the increase hasn't been great. The game next Wednesday could be pathetic in terms of home crowd numbers. 

Did greg taylor go to sheltic for nothing? 

12 minutes ago, Fudger said:

The football has gotten worse. Had we still been under Clarke and a decent euro run that may have been the case. Now we will likely be lucky to hit 3.5k for Queens Park game I reckon. 

That Clarke speech and decision seemed a lifetime ago. It’s been all downward since then. 

A lot of KT's appearances are off the bench (51 from 131) and he has been subbed of in 1/3 of the games he's started.

Total career going back to he was 16, shows 15 goals in those 131 games working out at 515mins per goal.  This season he has got 3 goals in 16 games at 283 mins per goal.

Bunn is a lot more experienced and has a goal every 396 mins during his career ... which is also his strike rate for last season.

7 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

All too similar to summer, cup match against minnows, new manager, no signings in place, what can possibly go wrong on Saturday? 
Honestly, a bad result on Saturday will be the final straw for many who decided to give the club “another chance”, it will give many the opportunity to say I told you so and return to the Juniors or similar.

Wait till Creptic come to town

3 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

That Clarke speech and decision seemed a lifetime ago. It’s been all downward since then. 

Aye does it. I watched it half cut over Xmas with a tear in my eye and said the exact same thing, seems like a lifetime ago. 

24 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

"The Board" completely screwed up a great position last May. They did hee haw right through the summer transfer window, then laded us with a total donkey of a manager who got us out of a cup competition over 2 legs to a team of amateurs. Which part is it you think the fans are not doing?

Blaming the fans is his default position....