January transfer

Craigieboy

I appreciate we need better squad depth but imo our top priority is to sign a striker who would slot in as first choice and have Brophy initially as back up to him. We need goals and players who can take the sparse chances we create.

Time to be a bit more ambitious and sign a guy who can claim the starting jersey and make Brophy work harder to get get it off him. Whether that’s Nesbit or someone else I know not, but this “young or done” loan deal player profile approach won’t progress us. 

9 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

Coulibaly inbox me Instagram 

Dont know my friend because I have a contract here so I think it will cost kilmarnock a lots money if they want me back there 

this is true because ages ago I messaged him saying would you love to come back to killie and he said maybe in the future i am at etoile sahel now so i am focussing here

8 minutes ago, casual observer said:

I appreciate we need better squad depth but imo our top priority is to sign a striker who would slot in as first choice and have Brophy initially as back up to him. We need goals and players who can take the sparse chances we create.

Time to be a bit more ambitious and sign a guy who can claim the starting jersey and make Brophy work harder to get get it off him. Whether that’s Nesbit or someone else I know not, but this “young or done” loan deal player profile approach won’t progress us. 

Agreed. You have to speculate to accumulate. 

41 minutes ago, boaby said:

Nisbet looks like a sound bet but my main focus would be a creative midfield player as I feel the lack of that has been detrimental to all other areas of the team.

Definetly, dosnt matter who we have upfront if we can't create chances. Brophy is the same player as he was last year, just this year he has nobody passing him the ball and does the majority of work himself, detrimental to his game.

Also unless Fowler has completely rejigged our transfer policy I can't see us spending money on a Nisbet type player (which we should) when was the last young player we signed on a long deal? This should be the policy however with the plan to sell on after success

16 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Dundee went with the bring them them in and sell them on plan .... it caused them to go bust.

There is no guarantee of selling on a player 2-3 years down the line so there is a huge risk involved with that sort of business plan.

It's a bit different getting in good young players with decent sell on potential than signing cannigia and ravanelli. Killie have to either snap up best of young players getting released from old filth or try to get the good ones from lower league teams. It is a gamble but these players are no worse than the 30 year old journey men we currently sign with no resale value

32 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Dundee went with the bring them them in and sell them on plan .... it caused them to go bust.

There is no guarantee of selling on a player 2-3 years down the line so there is a huge risk involved with that sort of business plan.

Dundee were trying to pay some if these guys 20grand a week ffs, this is hardly comparable to us paying a smallish fee and a few thousand a week.

21 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

We're not going to sign Kevin Nisbett. 

At some point we're going to need to spend a bit of the money we take in from player sales or we're going to end up requiring 20 players in the summer.....  Dom Thomas and £100k for Nesbit surely isnt out of the realms of possibility?

We do need at least one other striker but creativity is our main problem. It is not as if Brophy is missing a hat full of chances every week. He maybe has a couple of half chances and that is it. He either needs a hold up partner (like Boyd was) or a link up player (like Stewart). He did very well playing with each of those. He just isn't a lone striker. 

14 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Brophy doesn’t have the vision for that role. He’d be blasting shots in from long range rather than looking for the killer pass. 

I agree with Papa and have thought for sometime that Brophy is a talented dangerous forward player but there is no evidence to show he is a regular goal scorer. Moving him back into a number 10 role gives him time to control the ball and either run at the defence or pick out a colleague without the immediate pressure on him to score. I have big hopes that Innes will prove to be our next big time scorer and a partnership with Brophy will bring exciting times for us.

3 minutes ago, zinger said:

I agree with Papa and have thought for sometime that Brophy is a talented dangerous forward player but there is no evidence to show he is a regular goal scorer. Moving him back into a number 10 role gives him time to control the ball and either run at the defence or pick out a colleague without the immediate pressure on him to score. I have big hopes that Innes will prove to be our next big time scorer and a partnership with Brophy will bring exciting times for us.

I think your right with this. Invest in Cameron give him a long term deal and play him