January transfer

Craigieboy

29 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Contracted to 2021 means wed have to pay. Plus he's not any better than we've got bar McKenzie.

Also there is no point pulling names out of hat for who to talk about the next what about him, what about this. Stick to the gossip on who we have on trial or approached we have more chance of signing them.

Where do you think the rumours start?

35 minutes ago, skygod said:

Everything points to the club being wound up in the summer.

Either that or someone on the board knows that an asteroid will strike planet Earth on 31 May 2020.

Killie sign Nostradamus? 

This. Kinda. We really are in a seriously precarious situation. It’s almost as if the board is saying “ we don’t trust Alex dyer to keep us safe, and be here after the summer; therefore we won’t fully back him in the market and we are not committing to long term deals in case we are relegated”. It’s a high stakes poker game we are playing and I hope those that are in the game really understand the context. 

If we had the luxury to try Brophy in another position than 9 then the only other position I could see him being suited to would be back on to the right hand side reverting back to the 4-5-1/4-3-3 we played in Clarkes first season where Brophy and Jones played either side of Boyd switching between attack and midfield. Brophy came on and played right hand side when we had 10 men at Fir Park and it was the most dangerous he has looked this season, it was just too bad Bruce had been sent off and we didn't have anyone in the middle because he delivered some good balls with pace across the box.

Bunn will play on the left, Kiltie will probably be his main competition in that position. I can't see us playing a number 10, we're more likely to try and get the wide players to get forward into a 3 like we did before. We've offered very little from the wings recently and it's clear that, for all McKenzie puts in a good shift, Dyer has seen that as a problem position. I could see McKenzie moving back into the middle possibly. He's not a left mid really, he just made that position his own last season after a few very good performances when JJ was playing his way out of the team.

I do think Dyer will try and break up the regular midfield 3 and play someone a bit more advanced than the two more defensive minded midfielders, I just don't think we have someone who fits the role at the minute

1 hour ago, piffer said:

IMO we won’t go 4-4-2 again. We seemed to try that vs St Mirren and it was a disaster. We’ve played three CMs for the best part of three seasons now. Mulumbu was a boost in quality and more comfortable in the advanced position than El Makrini which made the difference

I agree St. Mirren was a disaster and there were comments that Dicker struggled some suggesting he missed Power. Wilson also came in for some stick which seemed unfair given his previous limited game time. I think if you play Dicker in there you need two others with him my solution would be to drop him and play two other centre midfielders. That way you make space for the number 10 we all crave. If we do get one someone has to make way anyway! 

5 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

I agree St. Mirren was a disaster and there were comments that Dicker struggled some suggesting he missed Power. Wilson also came in for some stick which seemed unfair given his previous limited game time. I think if you play Dicker in there you need two others with him my solution would be to drop him and play two other centre midfielders. That way you make space for the number 10 we all crave. If we do get one someone has to make way anyway! 

It doesn't have to be suggested, he did miss Power, and we missed Rory after he went off. Dicker needs to get his sh!t together but I wouldn't drop him just yet. 

6 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Be interesting in the usual pre game Press interviews today if AD when questioned gives any more updates on potential signings...

Press interviews today if AD when questioned gives any more updates on potential signings

What he talk about of transfer potential signings?

1 hour ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Contracted to 2021 means wed have to pay. Plus he's not any better than we've got bar McKenzie.

Also there is no point pulling names out of hat for who to talk about the next what about him, what about this. Stick to the gossip on who we have on trial or approached we have more chance of signing them.

We’d never get to 76 pages of nonsense If we took that approach. 
More power to Craigieboy’s elbow I say. 

57 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

We could keep Dicker in as the anchor where he performs best. Power and Wilson/El Makrini in front of him. Ditch the wide midfielders have two from Burke, Kiltie, McKenzie, Bunn plying in free roles behind a main striker(Brophy at the moment but he could go in the last batch with a different striker). That is similar to what Clarke did initially with Boyd or Erwin upfront then Brophy and Jones in more of a free role supporting him. Dicker and Power weren’t really asked to venture forward. The lack of obvious width opened the flanks up to the fullbacks safe in the knowledge they had midfield cover.

3 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco_Ferrari_(footballer,_born_1995)

6ft 3 centre forward who looks to be on loan at Bari in Serie C from Napoli. Strange we are looking in Italy even under Dyer maybe one ear marked by Alessio 

Excellent goals to games ratio if those wiki stars are accurate, pretty much 1 in 2 even if it is at Serie C level 

12 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

As far as I can see he is on loan to Bari till June 2020. But the guy reporting it I’m sure broke the other Italian news in summer and he’s relatively big time on sky italia. 1 mil + followers.

He's usually reliable for Italian news