January transfer

Craigieboy

From the way Dyer spoke, it sounds as though they have one player in the final stages who they hope to get over the line soon. It would appear they are keeping tabs on K Thomas as a back up to that player if we can't him? Then he's hoping to bring another in probably from a wider list of a few options. 

That's just how I read it.

Edited by Kaiastuart
Spelling haha

19 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Your only as good as your last game and we were sh*te

The timing of everything coming to a head was horrendous. Straight into games against Rangers and the team in third. Club still trying to sort itself by Paisley then the winter break to stew on the misery... 

If we had one more game after Paisley to show there was improvement then maybe we could have a bit more hope... But you're right - we are left with the last game and things do feel bleak. 

Win at the weekend/a good showing against Celtic/Bunn looking like he'll add something and everything can lift, but that break has really scunnered us. 

I think the break came at the right time but it looks like we've wasted it. Good luck to both lads but if someone had suggested last month we'd have Harry Bunn as the sole signing and just swap Kiltie for Thomas the doomsayers would have been having a field day. I'm really worried about tomorrow Queens Park are better than CQN and are we any better than in the summer? 

Hope to God the feeling of dread I have is wrong. 

I thought Dyer came across very well in the interview. Strange reaction when he was asked if there were gong to be any more outs. He almost burst out laughing. He said no and that he could try and shift a player if he had to get an extra player in but his face basically looked like there could be more out the door.

Unless I am reading him all wrong, I could see us ending up with a good few ins and outs rather than the one or two he's talking about. I wouldn't be surprised to see us have 5 or 6 in come the end of the window.

Dyer has signed up attacker Harry Bunn, whom he worked with at Huddersfield, and will keep his eye on striker Kwame Thomas, most recently with Doncaster, as he looks to bolster his squad.

"He came in and trained with us," he said of Thomas. "The door is not shut. I just wanted to have a look at him, see what his fitness levels were at.

"If I have to go back I will do. He has other opportunities as well, he wanted to feel us out as we wanted to feel him out."

16 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

If a deal is hoping to me concluded this in the coming days, it must be someone under contract with a club as no one new appeared to be training with the squad. Craigyboy... over to you mate!

Kind of thought that too. Loan deal or permanent deal from elsewhere 

1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

Dyer has signed up attacker Harry Bunn, whom he worked with at Huddersfield, and will keep his eye on striker Kwame Thomas, most recently with Doncaster, as he looks to bolster his squad.

"He came in and trained with us," he said of Thomas. "The door is not shut. I just wanted to have a look at him, see what his fitness levels were at.

"If I have to go back I will do. He has other opportunities as well, he wanted to feel us out as we wanted to feel him out."

Still a bit worrying we might end up with this donkey. Hopefully we sign better quality than Thomas.

30 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Does anyone think we should make a move for Griffiths and Shved on loan from Celtic it will bolster our attack.

Griffiths with his head straight plays for Celtic, no matter who they sign.  Hed score goals for fun.  The fact he isnt playing shows to me theres something still up with him or his head.  Fantastic if right, car crash if not.

17 minutes ago, Dcktid91 said:

Wouldn't touch the coke head.  Another leith disaster 

One of the best strikers in Scotland hardly a disaster. I’m also pretty sure I read He’s scored more than most of our attacking players this season despite getting hardly any minutes?

More likely be Bayo from Celtic than Griffiths. Lennon has already said Griffiths is too good to go out on loan.

Mind you, I'm not sure Celtic will let anyone go until they are sure big Odsonne is staying put. They can't afford to have another Dembele on their hands. I'd imagine Bayo could be a last minute loan deal if anything.

Personally I'm hoping for a permanent signing before we get another sticking-plaster loan deal.