January transfer

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, Oldkillie said:

It baffles me that you can defend a guy who sends pictures to 15 year old girls

You seems confused by my opinion of the man and the player. Ive been very clear what I think of the man. It baffles me that people refuse to see the pivotal contribution to the success we enjoyed under Clarke. Really baffles me.

47 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Point is he’s scored more goals than Burke. As I stated.

2 more goal in almost 50 more games. I actually agree with you that he was a good player for us and that we do miss him, but comparing him to Burke isn’t the best way of making that point.

Burke has got a better goal celebration than Jones. Case closed.

I couldn't give a flying f**k about Jones as he doesn't play for us anymore.

Can we get back on topic now?

Any rumours about potential signings?

Anyone staying in the hotel wearing flip flops?

Anyone checked in with their (or anyone else's) Hot Dutch Wife?

Unless we were about to Re sign Jordan Jones can we please stop talking about him? For me, it's a bit like those half and half scarves folk buy for big matches ie. suggests a small club mentality. If I ever had enough money to own killie I'd ban them from the premises! 

We may never be the biggest club but the first step to development is away with that mentality. 

1 hour ago, killie89 said:

2 more goal in almost 50 more games. I actually agree with you that he was a good player for us and that we do miss him, but comparing him to Burke isn’t the best way of making that point.

Fair enough. The original comment was suggestive that all Jones had done for us was to get us up the park and win the odd penalty. I reminded that he actually had scored a fair few goals. The comparison to Burke ( who is held in the highest esteem by the majority of killie fans) is simply to provide the contrast, even though jj hAs scored more goals, the views on the players merit seem poles apart. Burke is a great player for us now (he was picked far fewer times by Clarke as a starter through February 2019 when both were available for selection which I think is interesting) but for me - like Clarke it seems - it’s jj every time. I’d love both in our starting 11 mind you.

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Fair enough. The original comment was suggestive that all Jones had done for us was to get us up the park and win the odd penalty. I reminded that he actually had scored a fair few goals. The comparison to Burke ( who is held in the highest esteem by the majority of killie fans) is simply to provide the contrast, even though jj hAs scored more goals, the views on the players merit seem poles apart. Burke is a great player for us now (he was picked far fewer times by Clarke as a starter through February 2019 when both were available for selection which I think is interesting) but for me - like Clarke it seems - it’s jj every time. I’d love both in our starting 11 mind you.

The differing views on the players merit, statistics aside, is mainly down to the fact Burkie is a good guy, JJ is a wank 

7 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Yep. Both good players. 

There's a reason JJ is playing for Rangers (and subsequently attracting interest from the Championship) and Burke for Killie though. 

There's also a reason SSC picked JJ whenever he was available. 

1 hour ago, fraz65 said:

Yep. Both good players. 

There's a reason JJ is playing for Rangers (and subsequently attracting interest from the Championship) and Burke for Killie though. 

JJ has a long long way to go to have a career even remotely comparable to Burke’s. At this stage, I would say his chances are slim 

2 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Yep. Both good players. 

Yes one is 36 years old (and has already played for Rangers and 3 teams in the English Championship) and the other is 25 years old.

JJs main attribute has always been in his pace, which will go at some point. Burke may have a lost a couple of yards over the years but retains the trickery and intelligence that he has always had. JJ will do well to have had half the career Burke has had.