January transfer

Craigieboy

Certainly seems a more positive mood about the team and coach now but maybe stretching credibility for AD to suggest the two new boys have “taken us to another level”. They’ve bedded in very quickly which is great and offered something different but we need more than them to take us up a level to be competing for top 4 slots again instead of slogging it out for 6th. 

22 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Certainly seems a more positive mood about the team and coach now but maybe stretching credibility for AD to suggest the two new boys have “taken us to another level”. They’ve bedded in very quickly which is great and offered something different but we need more than them to take us up a level to be competing for top 4 slots again instead of slogging it out for 6th. 

Early days but I can see his point, do believe if we had started the season with that 11 on Wednesday we'd be comfortably top 6 at the moment. It didnt need major work and we tinkered/messed around and had to write off 6 months of the season.

Think if we get a win tomorrow we won't look back

To be fair this forum has always had a section who spend their time running the players down rather than building them up.

I would hope any player that stumbles on to this site doesn't take it too seriously.

Everyone needs to remember this is a mainly anonymous site and you really have no idea who is posting, it could be an over excited 8 year old, a middle aged alcoholic sitting in his stained boxers rageing at the internet, an uninformed armchair supporter, troll from another team or just a random slevering maniac, we've had them all on here. 

It's the reasoned and informed you have to watch out for 9_9

1 hour ago, Dcktid91 said:

Ashame that Dicker doesn't seem to get dropped. Has more off days than on days this season 

you taking the p*ss. Our Captain dropped!!! come on sir. Dicker is a key player in the team even on his off days. He breaks up the play and looks for the easy pass to relieve pressure and helps to stop the defence having to much pressure. Won us two games that we shouldn't really have won cause we were rank rotten in both. All i'm saying is there is no need to drop Dicker. Al P has had plenty off days along with alot of others dont hear calls from them to be dropped.

2 minutes ago, Crocket said:

He proved me wrong under Clarke for a solid few months. That aside, always seen dicker as a very average player.

That is the dicker we are getting now, not the dicker under Clarke.

We'd be 100% more attacking without him in the team

We’d also lack a lot of defensive cover. Without Dicker you restrict everyone else. His sitting allows SOD, Hamalainen, Findlay, Burke and whoever is on the left to attack and venture out of position at times. Without that it would be a free for all when we lost possession.