January transfer

Craigieboy

Listening to Dyers interview on killie tv, he looks totally scunnard and pissed off. Theres things going on I fear that not one of us knows about.

He right what he says 1 man/player wont change things. And I'm not that confident that any other players will be brought in this week. I'd rather have none than sign panic buy players. Sow and Jackson for example.

Next weeks game is massive for everyone now.

Realistically we would need a solid keeper (Bachmann, can but dream), a centre half, a left back, a no.10 and probably two forwards. The idea that '1 or 2' will make a significant difference gone.

Incredible to think that a few short months ago, at least the defence looked 'okay'....now I would pick SOD and Findlay there, and that's about it. Bruce is too injury prone, and lacking in pace, DDF started off okay, but ideally need a more dominant CH, Niko has been poor for too long now. The keepers situation has been well covered.  The loss of Broadfoot and Taylor has turned out to leave a huge gap at the back.

Midfield, despite Kiltie's return, still a need for a player who can pick a killer pass to the forwards...and up front can't just rely on Brophy and Kabamba alone between now and the end of the season.

Even with the window closing this week, a new manager would still have the opportunity to bring in some frees outside it.

Edited by Jedi2

If we don’t bring in any attacking midfield options before the windows shuts then it’s  almost bordering on negligence. We could sign 10 strikers but if we don’t have anyone in the middle who is capable of driving play forward and trying to unlock defence to create chances then it’s pointless. 

Appreciate these types of players don’t grow on trees, but as highlighted yesterday it’s blatantly obvious this is an area we are severely acking and none of our current midfield personnel posses the qualities needed to address this 

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

We can wear colours which are not our registered home colours in a maximum of four home League matches per season.

Off the top of my head, I can’t remember us wearing stripes or yellow at home so far this season. 

We have 6 home games left before the split so 9 at most left this season. For the next four home games I'd be willing to give it a go. Can't do any worse than we've been so far 

32 minutes ago, KFCSteve said:

Can we transfer the Oxford blue anniversary kit for the stripes for the rest of the season? Serious question.

It might not work but how many other teams have we seen do it and turn a corner. 

This is Jig level of grasping at straws ....why don’t we put the players in skirts , they’re playing like fannies anyway 

^^^ sarcasm sorry ;) 

3 minutes ago, scooosh77 said:

Ahhh gutted. Missing out again on a good prospect if he wasn’t up watching! 

Our chance of signing Nisbet was gone when he left Raith. I said then that he’d be a better option for us than Shankland. We can’t compete with the city or English clubs when it comes to the wages for exciting prospects in the championship. We need to identify potential far earlier and develop it to be sold on. A’la the Brentford model. 

46 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Our chance of signing Nisbet was gone when he left Raith. I said then that he’d be a better option for us than Shankland. We can’t compete with the city or English clubs when it comes to the wages for exciting prospects in the championship. We need to identify potential far earlier and develop it to be sold on. A’la the Brentford model. 

Absolutely this.

What we should be doing every January is taking in a few frees and loans to bolster and balance the squad for the rest of the current season while also offering pre-contracts to form players in the lower leagues - thats the type of speculation that will work for us as a model for our club.

Some wont make it and can be moved on via development loans etc - now and again we'll strike gold -either as a long-term player for us or a sellable asset

I'd be looking at someone like Kevin O'Hara at Alloa just now, starting to come on to his game at 21.  Played 27, scored 9 so far this season.

Might work out, might not - but right now its low-risk

Edited by dasboag

1 hour ago, DuncD said:

Probably at discretion of referee 

G38 At least 7 days prior to all League Matches and Play-Off Matches the competing Clubs shall notify each other and the Secretary of the kit it intends its Players to wear in the relevant match. Such notification shall be made using the SPFL Match Kit Form and include the kit to be worn by the goalkeeper.

G39 If the Secretary determines that there is, or is likely to be, a clash of colours, the Secretary in consultation with the Scottish FA Head of Referee Operations (being the head of the Scottish FA refereeing department by whatever name called), will determine, in accordance with the provisions of this Rule G, which colours should be worn by the Clubs scheduled to compete in the match. The Secretary will notify the competing Clubs of the colours to be worn in the match no later than 48 hours prior to the match.

G40 Notwithstanding Rules G38 and G39, in the event of any dispute with regard to the playing kit to be worn by either Club the match referee’s decision as to whether there is a clash of colours shall be final.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

G38 At least 7 days prior to all League Matches and Play-Off Matches the competing Clubs shall notify each other and the Secretary of the kit it intends its Players to wear in the relevant match. Such notification shall be made using the SPFL Match Kit Form and include the kit to be worn by the goalkeeper.

G39 If the Secretary determines that there is, or is likely to be, a clash of colours, the Secretary in consultation with the Scottish FA Head of Referee Operations (being the head of the Scottish FA refereeing department by whatever name called), will determine, in accordance with the provisions of this Rule G, which colours should be worn by the Clubs scheduled to compete in the match. The Secretary will notify the competing Clubs of the colours to be worn in the match no later than 48 hours prior to the match.

G40 Notwithstanding Rules G38 and G39, in the event of any dispute with regard to the playing kit to be worn by either Club the match referee’s decision as to whether there is a clash of colours shall be final.

No referee discretion then on colours matching!