January transfer

Craigieboy

6 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Very fair point. I feel feed like that should only ever be a bonus. Like with us: I hope the Taylor money was not factored into a break-even budget.

I don’t think it would have been. We thought for a while we’d cash in on Jones and SOD with nothing coming of it. One already gone on a free and the other likely to do so this summer. Can never guarantee a sale and how much you’d make.

wonder if the directors will be in at RP in the last moments of this window ----"helping out" to push through a deal like the fiasco of the summer "window" ....

All would hoped things would been in place long before now ...but big week ahead one way or another ----and actions will speak a lot more than words or "false promises" by the end of this month

5 minutes ago, piffer said:

I don’t think it would have been. We thought for a while we’d cash in on Jones and SOD with nothing coming of it. One already gone on a free and the other likely to do so this summer. Can never guarantee a sale and how much you’d make.

Yes I agree. 

7 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

wonder if the directors will be in at RP in the last moments of this window ----"helping out" to push through a deal like the fiasco of the summer "window" ....

All would hoped things would been in place long before now ...but big week ahead one way or another ----and actions will speak a lot more than words or "false promises" by the end of this month

As long as Cathy stays off Twitter this time

Whatever your views on Dyer and whether he can turn our form around - because he’s only been given the gig until the end of the season, we’re going into another summer where we’re already at least six months behind teams like Motherwell in terms of preparation. 

When we went through the sham search for a new manager, to replace AA, a manager capable of taking a longer term view of their planning was top of my wish list. This waiting until the last day of the transfer window to try and pick up a bargain is dangerous and damaging to the stability of the club. 

1 hour ago, NorfolkG said:

The leagues below L2 ARE pish but there are still players at that level who can step up. Same as in Scotland - below Championship the quality drops off but good scouting can still produce the odd gem.

Exactly this. There aren’t many but the odd gem and like you say this is where you need a good scout. This is effectively our price range sadly 

1 hour ago, boydiesback said:

Either that Fowler knocked him back! He does seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the man!

You are very childish. 

We are currently winless in 7 and the club is in an unrecognisable state compared to last year. Of course questions are going to be asked as at our current rate we are looking at relegation. We need to step up on and off the park. When a club is not doing well as a paying member to club for tickets/merch and a TIK paying member I am entitled to ask questions about what staff is contributing. I liked Fowler as a player and I have been questioning board decisions and management but you seem to just pick up on one person.

I have not got any doubt that their are gems to be had in the lower leagues in England and elsewhere. The problem currently is we have a large part of the squad at that standard or slightly above it, to get us out of the hole we are in at present, we need recognised quality, albeit a loan, as we had last season with Mulumbu and Stewart.

Longer term, better scouting in these leagues is fine, but not for someone to save us from a disastrous season. 

6 minutes ago, GCM said:

I have not got any doubt that their are gems to be had in the lower leagues in England and elsewhere. The problem currently is we have a large part of the squad at that standard or slightly above it, to get us out of the hole we are in at present, we need recognised quality, albeit a loan, as we had last season with Mulumbu and Stewart.

Longer term, better scouting in these leagues is fine, but not for someone to save us from a disastrous season. 

Scout to watch FA cup,League one, league two and national leagues games to watch with who good quality and good experience players