January transfer

Craigieboy

Realistically we are limping towards the end of the season. I'm usually quite optimistic, but can't believe the mess we seem to be in at the moment with the managerial appointment to the end of the season and only a skeleton squad signed beyond the summer. I think we will get one or 2 players in during this window, probably on loan, but I'd be astonished if they were of the quality or fitness levels to make an immediate difference. I hope to be surprised!

It seems quite difficult just now to assess whether we are 1 or 2 players away from being decent again and that a return of confidence would make a monumental difference or a team that is un-fixable and heading for the rocks. I thought there were hopeful signs in the Celtic game that the break had done us good and we might be able to get back on track. Defensively, we were just about all right against a hugely potent Celtic team. The midfield were back to being organised and combative and we created a few chances with Kabamba looking like he could offer something. At Perth it was back to pre SC days though.

AD has said that we need to get back to what we were good at. I think there is a bit of the rose tinted specs on this one, because without the sprinkling of real quality that we had then, we are left trying to be compact and hard to beat with a poorer defensive unit and a poorer attacking set up that makes it very hard to create chances. So, we leak goals and can't score. Generally, our attacking line ups don't work even against the bottom sides in the table. Whenever we deviate away from the standard midfield 3 we get outplayed. It's been obvious to all and sundry since the start of the season that Dicker and Power need some legs around them and that El Mak was not the solution to that. Personally I think that El Mak was the replacement for Dicker and that AA wanted 3 at the back with El Mak being the guy to bring the ball out and start attacks, but that never happened. It's those 3 that are the real problem area in the team and some ruthless decisions are required to improve us. I like them all individually, but their best work is done on our side of the half way line. Maybe just a 10 type creative player would help, but I think we need to swap 2 of them out for younger more all round type players. It looks like mend and make do for this season though. Biggest worry is the wrong managerial decision - just can't see it ending well at all unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Nemesis Ollie Shaw and Lee Erwin upfront will cause us enough bother. 

Bet we end up signing a fat Tony Watt and someone like Berra till June. 

We literally have 

Lyle, Mckay,Macdonald, waters, Thomas, Cameron, Wilson, Frizzell, St Clair, Millen, Hendrie + Johnson all never gonna be selected but on the books. 

Punted Sow Jackson Millar out because they weren’t good enough. 

Koprivec+ Branescu 

Odonnell DDF Bruce Hamalinen 

Dicker El Makrini? McKenzie Kiltie Burke Bunn

Connell 

All more likely to be selected but out of contract in June. 

Power Findlay Brophy Kabamba (Cameron Thomas Waters )El Mak one year option maybe  will be here in summer. 

Burke new deal. The rest will move on probably. Dicker and O’Donnell are away I reckon. 
Mckenzie and Kiltie are only others who would be close to being offered new terms surely.

Dicker away? Where Dicker move anywhere 

21 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Nemesis Ollie Shaw and Lee Erwin upfront will cause us enough bother. 

Bet we end up signing a fat Tony Watt and someone like Berra till June. 

We literally have 

Lyle, Mckay,Macdonald, waters, Thomas, Cameron, Wilson, Frizzell, St Clair, Millen, Hendrie + Johnson all never gonna be selected but on the books. 

Punted Sow Jackson Millar out because they weren’t good enough. 

Koprivec+ Branescu 

Odonnell DDF Bruce Hamalinen 

Dicker El Makrini? McKenzie Kiltie Burke Bunn

Connell 

All more likely to be selected but out of contract in June. 

Power Findlay Brophy Kabamba (Cameron Thomas Waters )El Mak one year option maybe  will be here in summer. 

Burke new deal. The rest will move on probably. Dicker and O’Donnell are away I reckon. 
Mckenzie and Kiltie are only others who would be close to being offered new terms surely.

just about sums it up to me - sad times

In my opinion I would settle for two quality loans who will keep us up until we see what is happening in the summer. Needs must. As I’ve said before, at the Trust meeting two specific statements from the Board members were the recognition of the need to rely less on loans and improve the quality of player we were recruiting. That’s what’s makes the current situation so frustrating. 

5 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

@CYRILLRIP We had plenty games under SC where the likes of Mulumbu and Stewart were not available. The remaining players however were still compact and shut teams out. Dyer is probably alluding to that more. Very achievable imo as it's essentially the same players but DDF for Broadfoot and Hamalainen for Taylor.

Bachman.

24 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I will stick my neck out and say that we will make no signings.

If there are no new signings or they are of the level of Sow and Jackson, there is a massive level of incompetence somewhere within the club.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Bachman.

Can't underestimate how big a loss he was. Before last season I was in the defence makes the keeper good camp, but watching Bachmann compared to our goalies this season its possibly the other way round.

Another frustrating couple of days ahead, whatever happens we need to stay in the division, appoint Holt the day after the last game and start again. The Board also need to apologise for majorly messing up this season, I still cannot believe we never played any friendlies on our new pitch before the Euro game!!!