January transfer

Craigieboy

10 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Livingston about to sign Alan Forrest from Ayr Pre Contract. That’s Robbie Crawford + Nicky Devlin also Ex Ayr joined Holt at Livi. Also Scott Robinson is getting games for them. Who would have thought that after he couldn’t get a game with us under Gary Locke. 

Robinson was terrible for us, that's why he didn't play. Fair play to him making it elsewhere

Surely we are playing coy, it cant possibly be that we have no signings lined up.  What little has come out from the club has indicated that players are needed in certain positions and that work on this has been full on for weeks.  Don't let the cat out the bag until the deals are done, we all know what Aberdeen get up to as soon as we get interested in a player.  Oh how I wish this to be true, but I fear that this may not be the case.

I have really tried to be calm and level headed about this. Being in the USA I wake up every morning and check twitter hoping that we have signed someone that might indicated that there is some semblance of a plan, only to have my hopes dashed. Really beginning to s**t myself that we are going to do a Hibs under Butcher. 

2 hours ago, ekblue said:

Surely we are playing coy, it cant possibly be that we have no signings lined up.  What little has come out from the club has indicated that players are needed in certain positions and that work on this has been full on for weeks.  Don't let the cat out the bag until the deals are done, we all know what Aberdeen get up to as soon as we get interested in a player.  Oh how I wish this to be true, but I fear that this may not be the case.

Where did Aberdeen get this reputation from that they steal players from under our noses?

It happened once with Greg Stewart and he was an ex-Aberdeen player anyway.

They've signed around ten players since then and only Craig Bryson has been linked with Killie, and that was only on the forum. 

4 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Where did Aberdeen get this reputation from that they steal players from under our noses?

It happened once with Greg Stewart and he was an ex-Aberdeen player anyway.

They've signed around ten players since then and only Craig Bryson has been linked with Killie, and that was only on the forum. 

Jayden Stockley 

6 hours ago, thesnowman21 said:

I have really tried to be calm and level headed about this. Being in the USA I wake up every morning and check twitter hoping that we have signed someone that might indicated that there is some semblance of a plan, only to have my hopes dashed. Really beginning to s**t myself that we are going to do a Hibs under Butcher. 

This is me. I’m not normally a knicker wetter but my breeks are soaked at the moment and not in a good way. 

One of my JFK moments was when I found out MJ was leaving and for a short time it really looked like we were going places but the silence (Words and actions) from this board at the moment is absolutely deafening.

Love AD to bits, loved him almost as much as I loved SSC during our 18 months of ecstasy, but he’s not and probably never a manager. If his demeanour in the dressing room and on the training pitch is the same as the one we see on the touchline and in interviews it’s really easy to see why we’re on a worrying downward trajectory. If he’s meeting or talking to prospective signings in the same manner he will not be selling the club either.

We do not have one single function, on or off the pitch that’s seems to be operating in the necessary way to get us out of this mess.

Minimum we still need are a left sided defender, a creative midfielder/forward and a goalkeeper. It’s unrealistic at this point to think we’ll get a Taylor, Stewart and Bachman but come on to f**k, surely there’s options we can land that will provide not only a bit of quality but something to create a bit of a spark in the squad to get us up and firing thru this Really worrying period. 

I’m officially concerned.

9 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

What pish IMO. SOD hasn't been at his best but at 50% he is still a much better player than Hodson

Tosh, he’s been abysmal all season, on Saturday both goals down his side lazy to stop crosses. Might be a better player. But without effort and desire he’s not worth the shirt

I can’t help feel now that anyone who  comes in now will be panic signings that we are signing for the sake of it. I’ve always viewed the end of the window and deadline day as a time where you’ve don’t the bulk of your business but 1 maybe 2 deals come about that may not have been a goer earlier in the window but now are due to circumstance. Regardless of that, if you don’t sign them it won’t make or break your season 

For us now, we have got ourselves into the ridiculous potion scrambling about trying to sign players who will now potentially define our season and even premiership status.