January transfer

Craigieboy

14 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I’ve a feeling we’ve put all our eggs in the “out of contract in the summer, sign them on a pre-contract and try and get them for a nominal fee now” basket. 

As we haven’t yet signed anyone on a PCA, that would require us to do so and negotiate a transfer fee and register the player inside the next 36 or so hours. 

I can’t see that happening. 

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

As we haven’t yet signed anyone on a PCA, that would require us to do so and negotiate a transfer fee and register the player inside the next 36 or so hours. 

I can’t see that happening. 

You don’t have to announce you’ve signed a player on a pca. Some players might prefer that you didn’t out of respect for their current club. 

13 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Given our lack of signings and with the talk on here of Gary Holt's transfer activity I can't understand why he isn't after any of our 'stars!'

Any suggestions? 

Maybe he has a relatively happy dressing room and doesn't want to upset the balance....  What's your own view?

Well looks like this window has proved just as uneventful for as previous ones. The thing is we are just running out of quality and not replacing it. AA as a replacement for SC, really? AD as a replacement for AA, FFS. I'm told JF is buried in there somewhere but he is keeping a low profile.

You don't need to be Albert Einstein to see where that is taking us. But apparently it seems to be beyond the cognitive capacity of the board. 

We are desperately crying out for somebody of competence to come to the fore.

13 minutes ago, Ktid1869 said:

Controversial i know but would anyone take Miller until the end of the season?

I suggested this on the January Transfer thread and was laughed out of townxD

Personally I would give him a deal till the end of the season.

Good striking pedigree and as fit as Burkey probably.

Agree with @dasboag

3 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Wasn't deemed good enough for a struggling Partick Thistle but yet some people here would take him?

Burke was deemed surplus for  Ross County team that eventually got relegated!!

Horses for courses,  if he would do a short term job then why not.  Imo he isnt the right for for us, but we need players to get us out of the s**t.

12 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

No as hes a bit lightweight and don't think they will risk him on the plastic park but would take Scott Bain from them in a heartbeat. Would solve the goalie problem........

Bain is a great shout, but can't see them letting him & Gordon go in the same window

38 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Maybe he has a relatively happy dressing room and doesn't want to upset the balance....  What's your own view?

Gary Holt probably has as good an idea if not better of what's being going on here as any of us so his lack of interest (apparently) in the managers job or any of our 'stars' speaks volumes. Remember he's a fan too.