January transfer

Craigieboy

28 minutes ago, KillieBantam said:

With this not only has AD got what he thinks is required in plenty of time, James Fowler is also successful in his remit of signing players mid window as opposed to the last day of the window, missing 3/4 games in the process.

If that's the case, Fowler and Dyer should both clear their desks.

39 minutes ago, KillieBantam said:

While everyone is berating the lack of signings (not having a go imo we need a GK and a no 10), humour me by allowing me to play devils advocate for a bit.

>>The club has done it's business for the window, there is no and will not be any scraping of the barrels signings like Sow, Jackson etc.
> James Fowler comes in with the remit of taking management of the off-the-pitch football side of the club to avoid the embarrassment of panic loaning Osman Sow and Simeon Jackson from last summer
> After the St Mirren game Alex Dyer says he thinks we need 1 or 2 more players ... lets take that comment at face value
> Club staff have a few days off then come back to training
> Killie sign Kabamba and Bunn before the first game back after the break, Queen's Park in the Scottish cup.

With this not only has AD got what he thinks is required in plenty of time, James Fowler is also successful in his remit of signing players mid window as opposed to the last day of the window, missing 3/4 games in the process.

Not defending the situation in the slightest but if you take a step back from the anger and look at everything at face value I think anyone hoping we sign anyone tomorrow shouldn't hold their breath.

I am (hoping) holding my breath, as in.....if the right player becomes available at short notice then we are in there bidding! This can go right to the wire in my opinion.

1 hour ago, KillieBantam said:

While everyone is berating the lack of signings (not having a go imo we need a GK and a no 10), humour me by allowing me to play devils advocate for a bit.

>>The club has done it's business for the window, there is no and will not be any scraping of the barrels signings like Sow, Jackson etc.
> James Fowler comes in with the remit of taking management of the off-the-pitch football side of the club to avoid the embarrassment of panic loaning Osman Sow and Simeon Jackson from last summer
> After the St Mirren game Alex Dyer says he thinks we need 1 or 2 more players ... lets take that comment at face value
> Club staff have a few days off then come back to training
> Killie sign Kabamba and Bunn before the first game back after the break, Queen's Park in the Scottish cup.

Not defending the situation in the slightest but if you take a step back from the anger and look at everything at face value I think anyone hoping we sign anyone tomorrow shouldn't hold their breath.

That may indeed be the case and I’m certainly not advocating any last minute panic signings.

However, that means we’ve got what we’ve got. Unfortunately it’s not very good and it’s certainly a lot poorer than what we had last year. 

If you take out the loanees and players who are out of contract at the end of the season, with the exception of Findlay and Burke (not sure if he is signed for next season) the remaining players in the squad are virtually all Championship level.

No announcements about contract extensions and limited signings, whether we stay up or get the big R there is a massive amount of work to be done by the summer, I am not sure have any faith in lessons learned or things changing. 

8 minutes ago, Allymitchell91 said:

Players in

Kabamba, Dunn, Kiltie, McDonald

Players out

Sow, Jackson, Thomas, Millar

Pre Contracts Signed

I'm probably forgetting something obvious but I'm on my 3rd pint and feeling pretty down about this 

Kilmarnock need bring new signings before end of transfer than if Kilmarnock not bring anyone transfer and Kilmarnock matter race Relegation 

10 minutes ago, CBFC said:

328 folk on these boards all waiting for any snippet of a signing.

Including 12 anonymous and 33 guests.....how many journos?

And how many agents of rubbishy players trying to gauge the increasing level of desperation before they pick up the phone to James Fowler?

’Hi James. I’ve got just the kind of player you’re looking for. Obviously he hasn’t played for 9 months but he’s kept himself really fit.’ 

Edited by historyman

16 minutes ago, CBFC said:

328 folk on these boards all waiting for any snippet of a signing.

Including 12 anonymous and 33 guests.....how many journos?

They'll be on to plums. We're dark at the minute.

Wonder how many 'at reach plc' emails we've had trying to register...

Screenshot_2020-01-30-18-19-44.jpg