January transfer

Craigieboy

20 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Don't understand the hysteria about Broadfoot at all.  He was the lynchpin at the centre of our defence in the best Kilmarnock team I've ever seen - and that's just seven months ago, not seven years ago.  Regardless as to how we all got our feathers ruffled when he left, there's been plenty of people on here saying we need an organiser at the back to play alongside Findlay - if he's affordable, he could well be the guy.

And as for talk of turning the clock back?  This isn't back to the the f**king 90s, it's to a few short months ago when we weren't on our worst losing run in nearly 30 years in the top flight.

How can signing Broadfoot possibly be a step forward for the club. Another disruptive influence in the dressing room and AA was right to get rid of him, one of the players who slated AA and his methods, yet things have got significantly worse since he left, with absolutely no signs of improvement. If AA was going, then a plan needed to be in place, we are in far less capable hands now. There was a hope that AA would have had a good transfer window and built on the 5th we were in the league, now we are 6 points off bottom of the league and I have little to no faith in Fowler and Dyer turning this around, especially if we are looking at signings like this.

1 minute ago, casual observer said:

I’d also like to hear from the Trust board after the window shuts and tomorrows game is out the way what their current thoughts and position is re strategy at the club, sine they form 1/3rd of the football club board. 

There’s more news coming out of North Korea these days!

Becoming more evident the trust voice on the board has zero influence on the running of the club. Glorified SLO 

2 minutes ago, Pedro'sBrither said:

Head in the sand behaviour is thinking we are bigger and better than we are just because of 18 good months. 

I'm sorry but we are bigger and better than signing a 35 year old crock, who's not kicked a ball in months for a team below us and a team whom we have continually been better than for three decades in a row.

Not just that but the same clown who threw the previous manager under a bus a matter of months ago.

If are you happy to accept that kind of mediocrity then more fool you. Hopefully  Pedro has higher ambitions.

9 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

How can signing Broadfoot possibly be a step forward for the club. Another disruptive influence in the dressing room and AA was right to get rid of him, one of the players who slated AA and his methods, yet things have got significantly worse since he left, with absolutely no signs of improvement. If AA was going, then a plan needed to be in place, we are in far less capable hands now. There was a hope that AA would have had a good transfer window and built on the 5th we were in the league, now we are 6 points off bottom of the league and I have little to no faith in Fowler and Dyer turning this around, especially if we are looking at signings like this.

I'm in no way suggesting this is necessarily a step forward in the sense of drawing up a blueprint for how the club is progressing in the next few seasons - but that's not what the January window is really for is it.  It's a firefighting move that might be worthwhile - because that's the situation we're in right now.  We're not solidly mid-table mulling over our options about what direction to take, we're dropping like a stone and urgently need to stop.

I'd rather we signed no-one than Kirk Broadfoot. This reeks of player power and is likely to turn fans against the team even more. I jokingly said a few weeks ago that SOD and Dicker had drawn up Fowler's January wishlist for him, starting to think I might have been right.

41 minutes ago, CBFC said:

We had a strong defence with SOD, Broadfoot, Findlay and Taylor. Broadfoot is experienced and can play alongside SOD, take him back to where he was previously and has a good understanding with Findlay. I few can stop leaking goals then that is a start.

However, I would not be paying money for him and I think that will kill any deal.

We managed to go on a string of matches without conceding a goal with the defenders which are available to us now, and no Kirk Broadfoot, what has changed, perhaps not working on our shape in training. 

We have lost Bachman ,Stewart ,Mulumbo,Jones ,Taylor,Broadfoot who were all 1st picks plus the likes of Boyd and McClevy off the bench from last seasons squad .They haven't been replaced by anything like the same quality.Thats the main reason we are struggling badly .Our transfer dealing are liken to a lower league club and that's where we are going.We can be far from skint with the season we had last year plus the transfer money and compensation we have got 

2 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

We have lost Bachman ,Stewart ,Mulumbo,Jones ,Taylor,Broadfoot who were all 1st picks plus the likes of Boyd and McClevy off the bench from last seasons squad .They haven't been replaced by anything like the same quality.Thats the main reason we are struggling badly .Our transfer dealing are liken to a lower league club and that's where we are going.We can be far from skint with the season we had last year plus the transfer money and compensation we have got 

I think we as a club have set our sights very high. Sow and Jackson should never have been signed, but even at the end of the window the quality player we wanted still wouldn't come. I think we are trying the same to get top players last minute. Fingers crossed we will get the deals done

I'd rather we signed no one else than be scrambling about and then parading Sow and Jackson type signings. The desperation from the last window has got worse in this one. 

The thing that really baffles me is us handing out players on loan like we are some big time club. The Calum Waters one is lunacy, St Mirren are now direct rivals in a relegation battle, no doubt about it. We have extremely limited attacking options so fire Dom Thomas out on loan. 

I'm still annoyed they brought in Sow and Jackson but farmed out Kiltie. 

Kiltie, Thomas and Cameron may not be top players in this league but they are no worse than the dross that came into replace them. 

3 minutes ago, Fudger said:

I'd rather we signed no one else than be scrambling about and then parading Sow and Jackson type signings. The desperation from the last window has got worse in this one. 

The thing that really baffles me is us handing out players on loan like we are some big time club. The Calum Waters one is lunacy, St Mirren are now direct rivals in a relegation battle, no doubt about it. We have extremely limited attacking options so fire Dom Thomas out on loan. 

I'm still annoyed they brought in Sow and Jackson but farmed out Kiltie. 

Kiltie, Thomas and Cameron may not be top players in this league but they are no worse than the dross that came into replace them. 

You reap what you Sow m8.

40 minutes ago, casual observer said:

I’d also like to hear from the Trust board after the window shuts and tomorrows game is out the way what their current thoughts and position is re strategy at the club, sine they form 1/3rd of the football club board. 

There’s more news coming out of North Korea these days!

This, in spades!

My worry is that the negativity and apathy start to impact TIK as more people question what the fan on the board actually does, or is allowed to do by the other 2

Just in terms of transfer dealings what would it take for some of the negativity to be turned around by end of today ?

for me based on not losing any current first team players then would be better quality with at least one attacking  /creative midfielder - another decent striker - and defender 

16 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

This, in spades!

My worry is that the negativity and apathy start to impact TIK as more people question what the fan on the board actually does, or is allowed to do by the other 2

It shouldn't, if anything it should go towards strengthening the position. If fans are not happy then this is a way of getting that message across.

If TiK subscribers also don't feel Cathy is doing as well as someone else could then they will get the option to decide who the next representative on the board is.