January transfer

Craigieboy

If it was on a permanent deal beyond the summer Tish is a no brainer. Reckon Dicker will be away so having him here next season would be ideal. 

Also said it before here and I’ll say it as many times as needed. Tish was probably the most underrated part of the Clarke era. Did a job that was very subtle and without him the system wouldn’t have been as consistently fluid. But, we didn’t see him lump it forward or blast it towards goal every touch so some on here think he must have been rubbish.

Would Tish want to return? Last season he was the fans boo-boy whenever we lost (and sometimes when we won!). Maybe cos he often kept Rory the homegrown boo boy out the team  though? He’s definitely got the strength and fitness our other 3 central boys are lacking due to age, stature. Unfortunately for him his style of play rubs many up the wrong way. I’d take him but would be looking for permanent deal. 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Wilson played at St Mirren because Power was injured. The squad is different from what it was before Christmas.

El Makrini was still viewed as our main off the striker option. Now that we have options in that role you will probably find El Makrini will be third choice DM, so Dicker/El Makrini would have played in CM and have Kiltie or McKenzie or someone in front of them.

I'm not saying we've drastically gone up in quality after making two signings but the shuffle has brought a slightly better balance to the squad and opens up a few options.

I do think this move probably signals an arrival in midfield though.

Exactly, Power was injured. We will have injuries between now and the end of the season all over the park - in that game in question McKenzie was off after about 30 mins.

We have practically no strengthen in depth anywhere and we’ve let a player who can play in midfield, centre half or right back go out on loan. Totally crazy decision. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

Exactly, Power was injured. We will have injuries between now and the end of the season all over the park - in that game in question McKenzie was off after about 30 mins.

We have practically no strengthen in depth anywhere and we’ve let a player who can play in midfield, centre half or right back go out on loan. Totally crazy decision. 

Power was suspended