January transfer

Craigieboy

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

I'd rather be rebuilding again as a top flight team than a championship team. I’d love us to be building a team for the next few years right now but I don’t see it happening. With the current free fall I want guys in to keep us in the league whether that be Mulumbu or anyone else and if it’s three, six, twelve months or longer who cares.

You act as if we've already been relegated.

Lighten up ... We're signing a Broadfoot again 

It’s nigh on impossible to attract players when you only have a ‘temporary’ manager with a few months left on their contract, and no obvious long-term plan. 

I know it’s easier said than done but we’re crying it for a decent forward-thinking manager willing and able to put a few years into working with the club and community. Without someone capable of planning in advance to bring in pre-contracts and forward-planning our own players’ contracts we’ll keep lurching from messy window to messy window with diminishing returns, a dwindling squad, and keeping our fingers crossed a youngster will be with money occasionally. 

The reality is we operate on a shoestring - more so than a lot of fans seem to think. Taylor money did up the ground and paid off Alessio ‘project’. 

I know it’s not Shiels this time, but we need a Shiels-type character with the ambition, vision and appetite to work with us. We’ve made a lot of bad managerial appointments in recent years. Far more important than if we sign anyone tonight is getting a proper manager in and sorting out the scouting and associated football functions of the club or we’ll just keep doing this every six months. 

17 minutes ago, piffer said:

We really seem to be getting left behind by others here. Struggling to recruit this window. No sign of any pre contracts. No sign of new deals for those out of contract in the summer.

I don’t buy into the difficult to get deals done patter. Others are managing it fine. We failed to prepare properly for the window and we are paying the price now. 

That’s it in a nutshell. In the summer we had the excuse of bringing in a new manager late in the day. No excuses this time. They’ve all failed. 

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

It’s nigh on impossible to attract players when you only have a ‘temporary’ manager with a few months left on their contract, and no obvious long-term plan. 

I know it’s easier said than done but we’re crying it for a decent forward-thinking manager willing and able to put a few years into working with the club and community. Without someone capable of planning in advance to bring in pre-contracts and forward-planning our own players’ contracts we’ll keep lurching from messy window to messy window with diminishing returns, a dwindling squad, and keeping our fingers crossed a youngster will be with money occasionally. 

The reality is we operate on a shoestring - more so than a lot of fans seem to think. Taylor money did up the ground and paid off Alessio ‘project’. 

I know it’s not Shiels this time, but we need a Shiels-type character with the ambition, vision and appetite to work with us. We’ve made a lot of bad managerial appointments in recent years. Far more important than if we sign anyone tonight is getting a proper manager in and sorting out the scouting and associated football functions of the club or we’ll just keep doing this every six months. 

Totally agree who would u suggest

7 minutes ago, Travis said:

I thought Holloway could have been that type of guy. 

It's quite incredible what's happened since June