January transfer

Craigieboy

Just now, Travis said:

Revisionism? You think laying into the club’s manager did us absolutely no harm? Didn’t unsettle other squad players or put potential signings off?

Selfish, entitled, petulant and unprofessional way to leave a club. 

Shipping him out to a rival for free because of that, then paying to give him a long-term contract at 35 must be peak f**king Killie.

This a million times. 

1 minute ago, Travis said:

Revisionism? You think laying into the club’s manager did us absolutely no harm? Didn’t unsettle other squad players or put potential signings off?

Shipping him out to a rival for free because of that, then paying to give him a long-term contract at 35 must be peak f**king Killie.

Exactly. That whole episode showed that Kirk Broadfoot only cares about Kirk Broadfoot. He could have easily left with a bit of dignity, but instead he went blabbing to the papers.

8 minutes ago, Travis said:

Spot on. 

I find it quite exasperating reading posts where some have quite obviously heard from the next door neighbours daughter who spoke to their Granny who spoke to a guy down the chip shop who swears he’s Elvis.....

As my Dad often told me, a story never loses anything in the telling....and don’t believe everything you read in the papers!

Can people please stop comparing MJ to Bowie or anyone else.

Michael Johnston was a leech on the club and was very very close to killing us off. He is by far and away the worst person to have stepped foot in our club in my lifetime.

I know things are looking bleak but lets get a bit of perspective. 

Edited by GrazyKillie

2 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I find it quite exasperating reading posts where some have quite obviously heard from the next door neighbours daughter who spoke to their Granny who spoke to a guy down the chip shop who swears he’s Elvis.....

As my Dad often told me, a story never loses anything in the telling....and don’t believe everything you read in the papers!

Like the story about us signing Broadfoot again you mean

I expected to be absolutely slaughtered posting this.

I can't back this team. I can't support a team that shows absolutely no ambition to grow. I was over the moon when Clarke came, and was so happy when we brought in someone the caliber of AA. It showed me that the club was ready to move to the next level. After years of being s**te, we finally had a solid foundation to build on and be successful. There was the 'hiccup' of the summer transfer, but I was willing to let it go, even write this season off altogether. A proper pre-season with AA and a HoFO had me excited. Even though Fowler was hired over a pint, and had no experience, I was fine with it.

But the players didn't like the manager's style. One left, slamming him on the way out the door. Signs that certain egos in the dressing room also didn't like AA, and eventually that pressure forced the board to fold and sack him. With absolutely no plan in place. It was a pure reaction to player revolt. Since, we have replaced him with the assistant, who when asked said he had no interest in applying, and lost every game as interim. Now we are signing Broadfoot back. Beggars belief

Why should I back a team that shows absolutely no ambition, and be happy to allow aging, mediocre players to call the shots? It breaks my heart, and I know I could never truly love another team like I do Killie, but I can't ignore this and pretend it's ever going to get better.

Edited by bute-killiefan

4 minutes ago, GrazyKillie said:

Can people please stop comparing MJ to Bowie or anyone else.

Michael Johnston was a leech on the club and was very very close to killing us off. He is by far and away the worst person to have stepped foot in our club in my lifetime.

I know things are looking bleak but lets get a bit of perspective. 

Bowie wants to take the title from him. So far it is looking like he will do it with ease