January transfer

Craigieboy

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

Bit there’s been far too much chat from those in the know about players not liking a manager’s methods this season. The f**king gall of any of them thinking they get to choose their manager or how much effort they put in is beyond me. 

Imagine trying to pick your manager! Or downing tools because you don’t like their methods?

It’s mental. And even more so since it’s the points won under Alessio that might just keep us up while we’ve won sod all since he left. I’m genuinely annoyed with Dyer tonight - serious questions about what he was up to under AA, and even more serious questions about the shambles he’s been managing ever since they all got their way and could start enjoying themselves again.

It's not really the thread to thrash all this out in - but absolutely everything I've heard, from a variety of sources both at this club and from examples elsewhere, the players were absolutely right on Alessio. 

And if that is right - they didn't down tools, they plugged away and went on some good runs...

It's been every decison since Alessio gone, on top of his disastrous transfer window, thats got us here. Its no wonder the morale is low in this mess of incompetence. 

Edited by mitch14

1 minute ago, mitch14 said:

It's not really the thread to thrash all this out in - but absolutely everything I've heard, from a variety of sources both at this club and from examples elsewhere, the players were absolutely right on Alessio. 

And if that is right - they didn't down tools, they plugged away and went on some good runs...

If they knew Alessio didn't want the job then saw hin

I question your sources

Just now, casual observer said:

Why are we not asking Celtic about Bayo? A player already settled in the area, getting no game time up there and better than any of the forwards we currently have. FFS St f**king Mirren are ripping the pish out of us. St Mirren!!! 

Our ‘board’ don’t have a clue about football, quite simple really 

Just now, casual observer said:

Why are we not asking Celtic about Bayo? A player already settled in the area, getting no game time up there and better than any of the forwards we currently have. FFS St f**king Mirren are ripping the pish out of us. St Mirren!!! 

Quoted earlier that Celtic have no intention of letting him go in less they sign someone else themselves - which they haven't. 

2 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

It's been every decison since Alessio gone, on top of his disastrous transfer window, thats got us here. Its no wonder the morale is low in this mess of incompetence. 

So whats the players excuse now

32 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I find it quite exasperating reading posts where some have quite obviously heard from the next door neighbours daughter who spoke to their Granny who spoke to a guy down the chip shop who swears he’s Elvis.....

As my Dad often told me, a story never loses anything in the telling....and don’t believe everything you read in the papers!

Unless something happens soon, you’re blind optimism is going to look like......blind optimism. I hope we’re all wrong, but this window is beyond anyone’s worst nightmare. What a tragedy the past few months have been. 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

St Mirren in for Bayo. 

Brilliant night for them if that goes through. 

The thought that we’re paying to take f**king Broadfoot off their hands and helping potentially land Bayo is beyond belief. 

Or it would be if we weren’t so used to this kind of nonsense. 

Just now, Sandman396 said:

I question your sources

I wish I knew the truth - can only go on what I've heard. Doubted a lot of it earlier in but have heard it from enough different people. 

If its all bollocks then right enough the players need to take massive responsibility which they absolutely haven't done. 

5 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

So exactly what have you heard? 

3 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Because St Mirren identified their weaknesses. Came up with a recruitment plan and actively went out to improve their squad in the transfer window. We f**ked about, went on holiday, gave a nice guy a job he’s not cut out for and offered a group of players who’ve been nothing short of a disgrace an easy ride to the end of their contracts

2 minutes ago, Big sexy said:

So whats the players excuse now

They seriously need to start performing. 

But it looks like they are being manged by someone who isn't up to it. And they'll know that, having seen what proper management looks like. 

They'll know as well as us that they need players in which they aren't getting. 

Folk can post screeds on here about the s**tshow of the running of the club and expect the players not to be affected by that too. 

Think an even half decent managerial appointment in December could have been transformative.