January transfer

Craigieboy

5 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

It's hard to do a measured assessment of everything thats gone down since May, and I think few on here have managed it so far. 

Bowie appointing Alessio and describing him as the best manager in the league was embarrassing. We will never know how it was to pan out with more time but at no point since Clarke left did we have the best manager in the league. 

The Europa League shambles should never have happened; the manager should have had enough experience at top clubs to sort that over two legs and there is simply no excuse for our players going out there and failing to win. 

It seems a long time ago now, but looking back at pre season I always felt it was a shambles. We went in to those Europa League ties having played two training pitch kickabouts. Even after that loss we didnt really arrange anything. Contrast that with Rangers who were playing 2 and 3 games each week in the summer and came out flying. 

The summer transfer window was the biggest farce for me. The board and AA have to take a huge share of the blame - AA seemed completely out of his depth in the market we shop in, which Clarke was so clever in, and the board evidently didnt back him. I dont think I'll ever forget that last minute announcement of a championship side's 4th choice striker. 

We did then pick up some good points under Alessio, almost solely because he was so good at setting us out not to concede. Looking back with an honest assessment, the football was honking to watch, albeit well organised. We completely lacked any attacking guile and were only really nicking the odd goal.

The failure of the transfer window came back to bite us big time when Findlay got injured, Bruce got sent off, and others had spells out - by my reckoning the centre backs in the Aberdeen away game were our 5th and 6th choice centre backs. 

So, giving a fair assessment, I thought we were pretty pish to watch under AA, but effective to a point, up until the squad got hit with injury and suspension. Clearly, he hadnt been backed by the board in terms of adding to the squad, but the dreadful run that followed was quite inexcusable - he had to make do with what he had, and completely failed to do so. 

How much of a player revolt he was up against, we will never truly know. Broadfoot was clearly a bad influence, but as Skygod said, some revisionism going on - he didn't slate anyone - he explained his problem with the managers style when asked and was otherwise very positive about Killie. A huge player for us for two years, I thought we got rid when he was on the decline. Mental to bring him back. 

I'm not happy about whats gone down tonight. I'll not be cheering him tomorrow, but i wont be booing him either - not something I've ever done to a player in the stripes. It's hardly going to help, is it?

As for others: SOD I think is finding his level. He was flying in a very good Clarke team. I don't believe its that hes not trying or has his eye elsewhere- i think hes just not playing as well in a poorer team. FWIW, I dont think hes had as bad a season as some make out. Dicker, hes certainly downed tools in a few games and not played to his own immensely high standard in a few others, but he was our best player til October. 

We bagged AA and brought Dyer in on an interim basis. He said he didnt want the job, proceeded to lose his 3 in charge, then was appointed anyway - possibly the most nutty bit of this whole saga for me. 

My mate that I've been going to football with for 20 some years has been saying for months we are going to get dragged into the relegation battle and go down. I've been telling him hes talking nonsense as I was confident we could turn it around, especially after a january window where I was confident we could strengthen - I thought even the board must have privately acknowledged what a f**king shambles August was, and I didnt think it could ever be as bad again. This has been worse!

Going into tomorrows game I find it hard to have any optimism. Hard to imagine we will take anything at Tynecastle against a Hearts side on the up, then we go in to a spell where we play both Old Filth teams. 

All that said ... anyone who's saying they wont be back, isnt going tomorrow, plans to boo any of our players, or any other negative s**t... can all f**k right off. 

The board have had an absolute nightmare since May and there have clearly been some problems in the dressing room, but none of that is cause to boo the team or turn our back on them. Protests or displays of frustration can come in other forms. Turn up tomorrow and cheer your team on during the game. Anything else, especially in the midst of what could quickly become a relegation battle, is pathetic in my opinion.

Best post of the night 

3 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

The board have had an absolute nightmare since May and there have clearly been some problems in the dressing room, but none of that is cause to boo the team or turn our back on them. Protests or displays of frustration can come in other forms. Turn up tomorrow and cheer your team on during the game. Anything else, especially in the midst of what could quickly become a relegation battle, is pathetic in my opinion.

So how do you suggest the fans can get things changed?

Assuming you feel that change is needed?

6 minutes ago, GingerAndy96 said:

I was told he failed the medical.

Weather Newcastle have a say in it I don't know. It was my assumption they had a part in it. So apologies for that. 

More likely the fact they’ve just cashed in major cash with selling the boy to Hull 

2 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

So how do you suggest the fans can get things changed?

Assuming you feel that change is needed?

We have a fan rep, for one. The Killie Trust could be the vehicle through which fans make their feelings known.

Protests before the game, protests after the game.

For me, I dont agree with anything but cheering and supporting the team during the 90 minutes of football. Booing or protesting during a match we are trying to win is, in my opinion, not being a supporter. It's not going to help our team win 3 points, so for that reason I can't see the logic behind it. 

Not disputing feelings need to made known, they absolutely do.