January transfer

Craigieboy

Our lack of new signings is terrible.  However lets not kid ourselves that other clubs have been signing lots of players.  Lists in record of "In's" which includes returning loanees, show only St Mirren with 6 have more than us.  Motherwell mentioned a lot on forum only signed 2 including Ndgoli.  St Jo. 3,  Hearts 3,  Ham 3.  Ross County 3. Lee Erwin is a name mentioned that we missed, I agreed!  only played in 10 of 24 games scoring 1.

7 hours ago, boaby said:

Is that you volunteering to buy all the shares and run the club? I can't see you doing much worse than the current lot to be honest but in all seriousness, it would be almost impossible for that to happen and for the club to survive. He could put us up for sale, but who would buy it? We'd end up a housing estate and sharing Bonnyton's pitch.

Council pitch in Bonnyton would at least be real grass. .

8 hours ago, Bullitt said:

He wanted to move closer to family... and the fact there was talk of Berra at one stage would indicate the club were trying to accommodate him with anyone with experience but couldn't agree until another defender had signed.

My knowledge is it's been common knowledge for months.

If Kilmarnock were interested in Berra  why was Broadfoot approached on Wednesday as stated by his previous manager , not disputing Bruce,s reason for leaving but looks to have been a done deal before the Berra reports yesterday

4 minutes ago, Charlies PaPa said:

Our lack of new signings is terrible.  However lets not kid ourselves that other clubs have been signing lots of players.  Lists in record of "In's" which includes returning loanees, show only St Mirren with 6 have more than us.  Motherwell mentioned a lot on forum only signed 2 including Ndgoli.  St Jo. 3,  Hearts 3,  Ham 3.  Ross County 3. Lee Erwin is a name mentioned that we missed, I agreed!  only played in 10 of 24 games scoring 1.

Who did Erwin score against? 

I think we need to calm down a bit about Broadfoot. As others have said there were plenty others complaining off the record but at least he was willing to put his money where his mouth was and move despite having another year on his contract. Yes he's got opinions but if any of us get a new boss whose approach we don't agree with we'll have a good moan. He had the balls to say to his face unlike some. When he first came I thought he was hopeless and when he got a daft red card I wasn't too upset at the time seeing it meant he was suspended) but won me round that night at Ibrox. He's a good trainer and totally commited on the park. So while we are all completely underwhelmed by the window let's at least not turn on individual players and give him a chance. I don't believe he's here to coast and wants to keep his career going as long as he can.

I think back to May and how delighted the board were celebrating their success along with the fans and all seemed well. Little did we know that behind the scenes they were also acting like fans and reveling in the glory instead of doing their F-ing jobs and planning for the future. I find it difficult to comprehend being in a managerial role that no forward planning had taken place, this is grossly incompetent and a continuing trend by the look of things this morning. I'll be there today as usual but the buzz I felt 6 months ago has well and truly gone and replaced by utter dejection and anger toward the "BOARD"

5 minutes ago, Ken T said:

I think we need to calm down a bit about Broadfoot. As others have said there were plenty others complaining off the record but at least he was willing to put his money where his mouth was and move despite having another year on his contract. Yes he's got opinions but if any of us get a new boss whose approach we don't agree with we'll have a good moan. He had the balls to say to his face unlike some. When he first came I thought he was hopeless and when he got a daft red card I wasn't too upset at the time seeing it meant he was suspended) but won me round that night at Ibrox. He's a good trainer and totally commited on the park. So while we are all completely underwhelmed by the window let's at least not turn on individual players and give him a chance. I don't believe he's here to coast and wants to keep his career going as long as he can.

If he’s playing today I’m leaving 

29 minutes ago, Charlies PaPa said:

I think you need to look at “net” figures as well. 

Killie signed, including returns from loan, six and lost six. 

We also started the window with  the smallest squad in the division. 

We really needed to be net +3, at least. 

Edited by skygod

19 minutes ago, Ken T said:

Well said

1 minute ago, skygod said:

For example, Well only lost one, so net +1. 

We also started the window with smallest squad in the division. 

Other teams also addressed problem areas in their squad. We’ve basically gone like for like with those who left. We are a striker down in terms of numbers as well as Wilson who offers cover in various roles and on the face of it haven’t addressed the issues in the squad. 

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

For example, Well only lost one, so net +1. 

We also started the window with smallest squad in the division. 

Unless the met change was proper quality,  arguably kabamba is better then both strikers who left,  Bruce and Broaders much of a muchness,  Bunn and smokier at the moment likewise.

Kiltie well as much as we want him to it looks like the injuries have done for him at the top.

utlimately we are a bit stronger but not nearly as strong as we need to be.

Just now, TheShark said:

I don't doubt Kirk's dedication to the cause, and I know we'll get 100% from him. 

The problem is he was our only signing in a window where we badly needed at least 3 more. 

And he wasn’t a planned signing. He’s signed because Bruce wanted to go. 

6 minutes ago, Shortie said:

178 pages of January transfer discussion and we signed one player who left our club in bad circumstances. oh lordy lord!

I keep trying to remind myself we’ve actually signed three. Then the memory of  the second half in Perth kicks in and I realise we needed nearer six. 

Edited by Zorro

31 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Get a grip,  it’s not his fault it’s Fowler’s, Dyers and the Boards.  Vent at them not Broadfoot, at least he has shown he wants to be here

I totally agree its Fowlers fault, and possibly Bowie's as well dependant on player demands and whether its worthwhile.

I'm sure Broadfoot will give his all and done well for us, but there is a sour taste in people's mouth on how he left the club and left AA out to dry in August.

39 minutes ago, skygod said:

We also started the window with  the smallest squad in the division. 

I don't think that there's any money. I've heard that Billy Bowie has recalled £800,000 in soft loans to pay for the hotel refurbishment. 

In addition, as part of the restructuring deal with the bank, we have no overdraft facility.