January transfer

Craigieboy

2 hours ago, fraz65 said:

I don't think that there's any money. I've heard that Billy Bowie has recalled £800,000 in soft loans to pay for the hotel refurbishment. 

In addition, as part of the restructuring deal with the bank, we have no overdraft facility. 

Great how you can here this in Oz when 2 miles from RP we here nothing , wouldnt surprise me in the least though if it was true.

12 hours ago, Dan1el said:

why in the hell did we let Wilson go out on loan and not sign a player to at least replace him, again this shows us they've no clue, I thought he's away because we have a few incoming, but no

Take a bow, we'll look back in a few years as the point it really fell apart.

If the idiots read this Board get a contract drawn up for Holt to present him at the final game of the season

Don't imagine that Gary Holt would be interested in managing at Championship level............

43 minutes ago, SlimStripey said:

A guy I work with is friends with Ross Wilson - the Sporting Director at Rangers. He seems to have built all his success on this type of data driven scouting from what my mate has said

Is this like the moneyball model? 

See how Hagi turns out as he was a fiorentina reject when I watched him. 

2 hours ago, Killie_Damo said:

St Mirren have spent a whack of money on a data scouting solution and use it for most of their overseas signings 

At least they’re have a strategy 

It’s a better strategy than hiring an ex-player to ‘head of football operation’ whose main role seems to be playing darts and pool with the lads.

data driven scouting is the future of the game. Our fans make fun of it and compare it to a video game

Edited by bute-killiefan

6 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Is this like the moneyball model? 

See how Hagi turns out as he was a fiorentina reject when I watched him. 

Seen him during the summer in a youth tournament and he looked amazing.

Fiorientina was too much too early for him, he should have remained in Romania till he had fully developed or pick a club that is renowned for developing player like Ajax

8 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

It’s a better strategy than hiring an ex-player to ‘head of football operation’ whose main role seems to be playing darts and pool with the lads.

data driven scouting is the future of the game. Our fans make fun of it and compare it to a video game

There’s a balance to be found I think between data driven and visual scouting

The best clubs in recruitment strike that balance pretty well.  

We don’t seem to have any idea what we are doing at all

John Barnes on Radio Scotland there mentioning us being in for Aarons before Motherwell signed him and another target going to Wigan instead. That's just not good enough. You don't put all your eggs in one basket. There should have been a contingency plan so that, when our main targets didn't pan out, we had other players to go for. Surely that should be within Fowler's remit?

1 hour ago, Barbinho said:

John Barnes on Radio Scotland there mentioning us being in for Aarons before Motherwell signed him and another target going to Wigan instead. That's just not good enough. You don't put all your eggs in one basket. There should have been a contingency plan so that, when our main targets didn't pan out, we had other players to go for. Surely that should be within Fowler's remit?

We apparently attempted with 12 or 13 different targets on deadline day.

1 minute ago, Darryl1869 said:

The fact that none of them got done is extremely worrying then.

Definitely a concern, no saying how many rejections were players or clubs though. Maybe we should be changing the market we're looking in, maybe January is just a much tougher window.

4 hours ago, SlimStripey said:

A guy I work with is friends with Ross Wilson - the Sporting Director at Rangers. He seems to have built all his success on this type of data driven scouting from what my mate has said

Rangers signings are s**te as well. They just make a lot of them and chuck money at folk 

Edited by Killie lad

2 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

What it more worrying?

Knowing this or the club looking inactive.

Probably this for me. Why is there a problem getting deals over the line? If it’s that many yesterday how many has it been over the month or longer. It’s now time to figure out quickly how we sell Killie better to individuals so we don’t have a repeat.