January transfer

Craigieboy

5 hours ago, thesnowman21 said:

Wonder how much the pitch comes into the difficulty of us trying to get players, however it doesn’t seem to stop Livi and to a lesser extent Accies. Would have went for Templeton as we should have been able to put pay Hamilton and he obviously doesn’t have an issue with the pitch. 

It maybe influences a few people’s decisions but I don’t think it will be that many. Livi and Accies still get deals done with their pitches. The park didn’t stop AJ, Locke, Clarke, McCulloch and Clarke getting deals done with right good quality signings in amongst them all. 

Personally I don’t think we have the people in the roles who can sell the club well enough. You see others out there raving about their club and project trying to attract players we don’t seem to be doing that. Players signed for Steve Clarke because of who he was and what he had us doing. Players signed for Lee Clark because he was talked a good game and was outward and positive. On top of that we are covered in uncertainty. Dyer has the job until the summer then what. To be honest he might have been a defeat away from the chop last night. He could still be in the next few weeks. 

17 minutes ago, Steppskillie said:

Whoever spoke with Kabamba must have done a good job. He was going on about having signed for a big club after he signed. 

If players dont really want to play for the club and its an effort to persuade them then I wouldnt want them. 

He went from National League to Scottish Premier, much better for getting noticed and probably better paid.

18 minutes ago, Steppskillie said:

If players dont really want to play for the club and its an effort to persuade them then I wouldnt want them. 

I don’t think it’s that players don’t want to play for the club. If you have a player who is in talks with say ourselves, Motherwell and St Johnstone what are we doing to sell ourselves to a player who is willing to come but has no attachment to any of the clubs. 

35 minutes ago, piffer said:

I don’t think it’s that players don’t want to play for the club. If you have a player who is in talks with say ourselves, Motherwell and St Johnstone what are we doing to sell ourselves to a player who is willing to come but has no attachment to any of the clubs. 

Exactly. Recruitment is a two way process and if the prospective employer doesn't understand that the employee is looking for cues about the organisation especially if the decision involves relocation and/or the potential recruit has options then it won't happen. 

I bet AA looks back and sees BB's reported early departure at his interview as a big clue as to what he was walking into.