January transfer

Craigieboy

11 hours ago, CBFC said:

One of my issues is the leaking of goals. 

I would want a experienced goalkeeper who isn’t prone to silly mistakes.

An experienced centre half who is tall and crabbit and makes players roundabout him work.

also,

A midfielder who can see a gap and make a decent pass

A striker who has scored goals, is big and mobile.

Any two or three from 4 please.

Spot on. 

A playmaker midfielder has been our first priority since the start of the season.

A dominant CB next to Findlay is second for me, then Jamie Mac back who is better than Branescu and Koprevic.

I think we can forget about another striker though.

So far it’s been another disappointing transfer window. Probably doesn’t help that we only have a manager in place until the summer either that or the deals we are offering must be very poor. 
At the first trust meeting PM stated that the board wanted our transfer work done early in the window, so something has failed. 

One thing is for sure with 48 hours left I cant see us bringing in a keeper, mid fielder, and forward now.

I really hope I am wrong, because i think we need wholesale changes and to be honest we all know Jan is not the time to do it, but it's the hand we have now been dealt.

Bricking it, massive game on Sat. 

16 minutes ago, Andy said:

One thing is for sure with 48 hours left I cant see us bringing in a keeper, mid fielder, and forward now.

I really hope I am wrong, because i think we need wholesale changes and to be honest we all know Jan is not the time to do it, but it's the hand we have now been dealt.

Bricking it, massive game on Sat. 

We did get three in on deadline day last time. I'm mean they were rubbish, but it was three... 

9 minutes ago, Alan56 said:

Forecast signings - One today, one tomorrow and two late on Friday. 

I forecast a couple pointless, panic signings in a misguided attempt to appease the fans - just like was the case previously with Osman Sow and Cammy Bell. 

Edited by historyman

1 minute ago, NorfolkG said:

The city teams are fair throwing cash at things...

Now that the Edinburgh teams have completed their stadiums and training facilities, they can be reasonable forces if they get it right on the pitch. All the more galling we couldn’t take more advantage when they were missing or weak. Du fee Utd also averaging 7500 home fans. 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

Now that the Edinburgh teams have completed their stadiums and training facilities, they can be reasonable forces if they get it right on the pitch. All the more galling we couldn’t take more advantage when they were missing or weak. Du fee Utd also averaging 7500 home fans. 

Hearts’ finances are not great and Aberdeen are bank-rolled.

Yes there was a window where we could have got a couple of higher finishes but these clubs are much, much bigger than ours.

Nemesis Ollie Shaw and Lee Erwin upfront will cause us enough bother. 

Bet we end up signing a fat Tony Watt and someone like Berra till June. 

We literally have 

Lyle, Mckay,Macdonald, waters, Thomas, Cameron, Wilson, Frizzell, St Clair, Millen, Hendrie + Johnson all never gonna be selected but on the books. 

Punted Sow Jackson Millar out because they weren’t good enough. 

Koprivec+ Branescu 

Odonnell DDF Bruce Hamalinen 

Dicker El Makrini? McKenzie Kiltie Burke Bunn

Connell 

All more likely to be selected but out of contract in June. 

Power Findlay Brophy Kabamba (Cameron Thomas Waters )El Mak one year option maybe  will be here in summer. 

Burke new deal. The rest will move on probably. Dicker and O’Donnell are away I reckon. 
Mckenzie and Kiltie are only others who would be close to being offered new terms surely.

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Du fee Utd......nice transfer window slip :S