January transfer

Craigieboy

This is getting mental, up during the night like many grumpy old gits and cant get back to sleep due to thinking about how low our club has gone in the last nine months. We should have SmithKline on our strips next year as we will all be on antidepressants.

An aside I would love to have Bachmann back, but why do we need 5 keepers at the moment, its like Lee Clark's right back situation.

9 minutes ago, Pedro'sBrither said:

Everyone pishing the bed about paper talk with broadfoot. That's all it is. 

You know for a fact that the club hasn’t made enquiries about Broadfoot? 

And Scott Burns is lying?

Maybe AD will deny it at his presser today then. 

Edited by skygod

22 minutes ago, skygod said:

You know for a fact that the club hasn’t made enquiries about Broadfoot? 

And Scott Burns is lying?

Maybe AD will deny it at his presser today then. 

I think the "pissing the bed" is more aimed at the fact that people seem to have decided that we have bid money and made it a priority. 

Sounds like we asked if there was any chance of him going on a free and being a squad option and won't be pursuing it if money is involved. 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's not paper talk at all. Whether it happens or not is up for debate but even the notion that we are looking at that clown should be enough to see Dyer and Fow get their P45.

Literally couldn't make up how much of a f**k cluster we've made of the last 9 months.

This reeks of old pals backstabbing sh@te 

20 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Benny Ashley Seal is going out of loan from wolves. He is their back up striker and looked good in the FA cup. We seem to have a not bad relationship with Wolves and be worth an ask, not sure if we can loan 2 players from them though 

We had three from Newcastle. 

That rule just applies to clubs in the same division.

Edited by skygod

5 minutes ago, Oldkillie said:

This reeks of old pals backstabbing sh@te 

If we bring KB back even as a squad player, it shows the rest of the world,just how much “player power” runs the show at Rugby Park.

If that is the level of imagination applied to our transfer strategy, then it gives me the absolute fear!

Broadfoot is 35, hasn't played since beginning of November because of a foot injury, this has got to be a joke. With the state of our current transfers I can see this management doing a swap deal with St Mirren with them keeping Calum Waters as it would save them money. 

1 minute ago, skygod said:

We don't really have five though if Mackay and MacDonald are injured and one is Curtis Lyle. 

Still paying five "keepers", you will always have injuries, could have brought one in if needed, as we do, badly.

What is most depressing is that any names banded about on here are all ex players.

It shows that if true, that there is no forward vision from the board or the manager.

Alex Dyer was appointed  because he is a yes man.

It also shows how lucky we were to get Steve Clarke,  without him pulling the strings we would be mid table championship now.

That lot that are left are pissing in the wind.

Look, I don't want absolve Dyer of anything, he has no doubt had a role in the negative and positive aspects of the club in recent years. However, the lack of quality and long terms signings has been going on under AA and Clarke, and others. There has got to be something beyond the managers, and it must be the board and setup. Sure managers may contribute to that, but I am hesitant at blaming Dyer when I don't think he planned to take the role and when other managers had the same issue for us.