January transfer

Craigieboy

7 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

Why must he ? I'm 53, born and bred a Killie fan. Go home and away and have watched Killie when they've been utter s**t. I now take my 11 year old son to games and he's also a Killie nut. I feel exactly the same. We had a wonderful time with Sir Steve but the decisions being made recently are nothing short of scandalous. Our centenary year and unless things change quickly we're heading to the Championship.

Got 10 years on you and believe me your rose tinted hindsight is making me laugh. We are 7th in the top league which to be fair is our natural place in the scheme of things.

The summer window wasn't particularly good, as it ended up last ditch...however the type of player we brought in (at least on paper).......2 loans from Juventus, 1 from Liverpool, 1 from Wolves, 1 from the English Championship, a man who had played in the top League in Holland.... obviously it was compounded by then bringing in a loan from the Scottish Championship as well as Simeon Jackson, but.......compared to this 'window'?

2 hours ago, CBFC said:

I should just stay away from these forums. So much negativity.

However, all entitled to say what they want I suppose.

If Broadfoot has signed, whatever the circumstances, I see the positive side of it. 3/4 of our 3rd place defence back in place. A player we would all hate if he was playing for the opposition, a wind up merchant, but experienced SPL player who talks a lot and cajoles others to perform better. Maybe he will give SOD the kick up the arse he needs.

I am sure that others will disagree, but there you go. All about opinions.....none of them any better or worse than any others.

Do you really believe all of that or are you just trying to tow the party line. Absolute farse of a signing after he walked out on the club! 

It may be knee jerk, but cant see any point in maintaining TIK subscriptions. Struggling to comprehend how far the club has receded since last May!!

16 minutes ago, Alan56 said:

You must be less than 30 then 

I’m bang on 30 and make no apologies when I say that this past month is up there with my all time low points as a fan. It’s the spectacular fall from grace that makes this feel so bad.

I’m well aware that I can’t really complain, having never seen us relegated in my 25 years going to games but I’d imagine there’s a sense of inevitability a lot of the time about relegation. Whereas I don’t think anybody saw this coming off the back of our best season in decades. That’s what makes it so painful.

5 minutes ago, Alan56 said:

Got 10 years on you and believe me your rose tinted hindsight is making me laugh. We are 7th in the top league which to be fair is our natural place in the scheme of things.

I'd agree with you if we were seventh and playing well. However we've been needing a striker all season,haven't won in nine games in the league, are in total freefall, only 6 points ahead of Hearts at the bottom[who I believe will pull away], have just signed a 35 year old we got rid of and who can't get a game for St. Mirren, and our club at the moment is a total joke. Delighted i made you laugh. You must be the only Killie fan laughing tonight.

56 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

I think we need to start to accept that the plastic pitch may be having an effect on the players we are able to sign

Didn't seem to stop us signing 11 in one day under the famous Lee nor actually bringing in decent players like Mulumbu, Stewart, Bachman etc under Clarke. 

The reason we can't bring players in is that we have a manager and head of football operations with less than 3 months experience between them and the atmosphere at the club is probably more toxic than any other in Scotland at the moment. Would you want to go and work in a place as disfunctional as that? And what club would think that any of their young players would benefit from a stint at Kilmarnock? 

16 minutes ago, Alan56 said:

It’s not our league position that people are primarily unhappy about. It’s the fact that we’re in utter free fall yet nobody at the club seems particularly arsed - either that or they’re in total denial about it. Plus it’s been entirely self inflicted. Every decision we’ve made since last May has been questionable at best and everyone at the club appears woefully out of their depth.