January transfer

Craigieboy

I think the board will know exactly where we stand at 1650 today if we lose again.

Folk are raging and rightly so.

It's not the same as the entitled nature of big clubs fans who expect signings either. These are positions which NEED to be filled.

Total incompetence. 

Don’t think i’ve ever felt this deflated about Killie, including Gretna away in that. Hard to even get motivated into going today.

To go from the highs of Clarkes 18 months to this 6 months later really does leave you feeling despondent. We truly look like a club being run with an amateurish set up and the only way appears to be downwards.

It’s been a total shambles since August. We left it to the last minute and ended up signing Osman Sow on loan when he couldn’t get a game in the league below, Harvey St Clair, who’s barely kicked a ball for the first team, Conor Johnson who’s played 4 games and Simeon Jackson who was a complete waste of a wage. The appointment of Fowler has been a total waste time and money. Replacing a rookie manager with another rookie manager that didn’t even want the job. Serious questions need to be asked.

9 minutes ago, red_dug said:

I think the board will know exactly where we stand at 1650 today if we lose again.

It's not the same as the entitled nature of big clubs fans who expect signings either. These are positions which NEED to be filled.

Total incompetence. 

I think they need to know where the fans stand no matter what the result. Every win from now until the summer papers over the cracks. Not on the field but off it. They have cocked up two successive transfer windows in fine style. If we get out of this season unscathed it’s more by luck than judgement.

We have a small unbalanced squad. It’s going to be even smaller come the summer. We are at that point likely to need maybe 15players. What hope do we have that the board and Fowler will actually be able to give next seasons manager whoever that is a team to put on the park if they strengthen appropriately in a January window. 

I try to stay grounded in situations like this but its very hard not to feel complete let down by the club. I thin Bunn and Kabamba are two good players but that's not enough to see us through to the end of season.

What I want to know is what happened? Even in the bad days of the MJ era we seemed to have no problem attracting players to the club, why do players no longer want to come to the club?   

55 minutes ago, TheShark said:

888 sport

I had been checking the odds all week tbf. Never bet against my team before. When I saw the photo of KB’s car, I registered. Was willing to give the club a chance to rectify things with a strong transfer window. Utter incompetence and it’s on their heads now. I’ll be there today though, kicking everything ball. 

2 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

I try to stay grounded in situations like this but its very hard not to feel complete let down by the club. I thin Bunn and Kabamba are two good players but that's not enough to see us through to the end of season.

What I want to know is what happened? Even in the bad days of the MJ era we seemed to have no problem attracting players to the club, why do players no longer want to come to the club?   

Money my friend we don’t have any

Im not dead against broadfoot being back, hes at least as good as bruce if fit and more importantly WANTS TO BE HERE which is more than some.

Not signing an attacking midfilder is whats really pissing me off. Then that other boy signs for well who manage to get 1.5m  for a diddy.

#sh*tshow

1 minute ago, red_dug said:

Im not dead against broadfoot being back, hes at least as good as bruce if fit and more importantly WANTS TO BE HERE which is more than some.

Not signing an attacking midfilder is whats really pissing me off. Then that other boy signs for well who manage to get 1.5m  for a diddy.

#sh*tshow

The problem is, he doesn't want to be at killie. He just wants to be at a club that gives him an easy ride and his mates are in charge. 

4 minutes ago, Conorsammonbaldyhead said:

The problem is, he doesn't want to be at killie. He just wants to be at a club that gives him an easy ride and his mates are in charge. 

To be fair - his version is that a big part of leaving was that he was getting too much of an easy a ride as the training wasn't hard enough, which MacDonald backed up... And I don't imagine Goodwin would be a pushover either. 

I'm not happy that he's back but there are ways it can work for us. Sad that it's come to trying to find positives in the return of someone who left like that, but there are some I think. 

13 minutes ago, Conorsammonbaldyhead said:

I don't get the impression that Kirk Broadfoot's main motivation in football is being given an easy time by the manager. 

Suppose we will again never know the real truth , but from the outside did seem work was going on during the day and into the late hours of the window but for various reasons deals were not concluded ........leaving to a huge let down again. Everyone knew since May of weak areas in our team let alone squad, and these in 2 transfer windows have failed to be addressed .

Despite money invested in changing around the infrastructure and bringing in both a general Manager And head of football.....this window in context was proved to be one of the worst ..and we did not do the work needed early enough .......not only not improved the vital areas but we are left with fewer players bizarrely 

Edited by Scouser2

19 minutes ago, red_dug said:

#sh*tshow

No, Motherwell got £1.5 million for a very talented youngster - something that we don’t have in our first team at the moment and they have several of them. They are not third in the league by accident. 

The players haven't looked like a team since the first sixteen minutes against a poor hearts side. The transfer window(s) were a joke but the fact we have virtually no players signed beyond this season and they seem reluctant to sign when offered is worrying. The club have failed to build on our best finish in years and totally arsed up the 150th anniversary, come on Billy step up, can't blame Kirsten this window.

47 minutes ago, Chris1810 said:

Don’t think i’ve ever felt this deflated about Killie, including Gretna away in that. Hard to even get motivated into going today.

To go from the highs of Clarkes 18 months to this 6 months later really does leave you feeling despondent. We truly look like a club being run with an amateurish set up and the only way appears to be downwards.

Gretna away. Now that was some night. Haha. One of the worst performances I'd ever seen.

4 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Suppose we will again never know the real truth , but from the outside did seem work was going on during the day and into the lat hours of the window but for various reasons deals were not concluded ........leaving to a hug let down again. Everyone knew since May of weak areas in our team let alone squad, and these in 2 transfer windows have failed to be addressed .

Dspite money invested in changing around the infrastructure and bringing in both a general Manager And head of football.....this window in context was proved to be one of the worst ......not only not improved the vital areas but we are left with fewer players bizarrely 

We already had one of the smallest squads in the league so to come out of the transfer window with it reduced even further is totally absurd.
Loaning out Wilson is clear confirmation (if any more was needed) that the people making the decisions don’t know what they are doing.
Ross County are coming today - a quick comparison of what they did in the window and their attacking options versus ours shows you what a shambles we are. 
Erwin is another we could have picked up and we either missed out on or didn’t even try to sign. Wong be at all surprised if he scores today. 

The fact that the Broadfoot signing is connected to Bruce makes it worse in my opinion. 

If we had signed him off our own initiative (HAHA) that would be bad enough. 

But essentially our only actual signing (bar Kabamba and Bunn as a free agent) is an old, crocked, trouble making, former player to replace another old, crocked, possibly disruptive player.  

When AD said he thought the squad was good enough I thought it was just deflection in case we didn’t get deals done but it seems like they may actually believe this. 

The level of incompetence is the only thing impressive about this window and I fear the worst. 

Edited by BR1869

58 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Total incompetence. 

If we go 2 down after 20 minutes I think the Board will find out well before 16.50

I don’t often comment on the forums. However I have serious concerns over the running of the club as a whole. It isn’t all about the manager or James Fowler. As a club we are effectively owned by 2 very successful businessmen who have over the years built businesses themselves. No shareholders, partners. Only themselves. They made all the decisions - good and bad, with no one to answer to. 
They are the decision makers, no one else. It’s in their DNA and as individuals they will never change. They do have the best interests of the club at heart. I don’t doubt that for a minute, but they will never allow anyone else to make decisions. That’s how they have built their wealth and businesses over the years. Continuing with this strategy  and business plan will be to the detriment of the club. No one will invest, experienced management won’t take the positions either as they will have little control or say in the running of the club. To sum it up our 2 prominent shareholders  have never answered to anyone in a business sense for a very long time and I don’t see that changing any time soon. Furthermore the silence is deafening from Mr Fowler who is meant to be the face of our club on all football matters. Worrying times ahead I fear, with all the current negativity trickling down to the players. Ultimately their confidence will disappear if we don’t get a positive result today. Hopefully we will.

I think everything points towards a total rebuild in Summer. If we don’t have any money because it has been squandered away somehow then we were probably only trying to get short term deals done which would have limited us a fair bit. Smells like we’re planning to try and scrape through this season and start with a blank slate next year. Depressing. 

We need to get behind them today though. A win is essential. Lose and we’re in deep trouble