January transfer

Craigieboy

32 minutes ago, Chris1810 said:

I’d like to think we are looking long term.

This.

Millar isn't our player, while Burke is 36 and out of contract in the summer, as is McKenzie.

Only Thomas is fixed up beyond this season. 

As a club, we have continually to look forward and be signing potential replacements for players while they are still at the club. 

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

We only sign players who we aren't linked with in the press.

There must have been more than 20 nonsense transfer rumours over the summer and then Sow, Sinclair, Jackson, Hamelainen et al came from nowhere. 

4 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

We only sign players who we aren't linked with in the press.

There must have been more than 20 nonsense transfer rumours over the summer and then Sow, Sinclair, Jackson, Hamelainen et al came from nowhere. 

Millar and Bruce are the only ones we actually signed in the summer I can think there were rumours about. Back further than that Bruce and Tshibola last season. As you say the rest generally seem to come from nowhere which can be boring for fans but is arguably the correct way to do things. 

1 hour ago, skygod said:

There has also been players we were linked with who chose not to come.

In general though, I don't pay any attention to transfer rumours any more. 

It's a shame as it's nice to have some speculation, but nine times out of ten the rumour has no substance. 

Much of the time it's just an agent trying to attract interest in their player. 

On 12/2/2019 at 9:09 PM, Thebigguy68 said:

Checking Greg docherty stats whilst on loan at Shrewsbury last season on loan. Ever present playing 49 games in all competitions, mainly in the advanced midfielder (10) role seems. Scored 10 and had 11 assists. Well out the picture at rangers and likely to be moved on it seems. 23 and room for improvement. I’m sure there will be other parties interested - Shrewsbury for sure- but good profile for us. Fow would have seen him up close versus Sunderland last year.

Would be a very good signing for us 

If possible would hope work has been done and we can bring in a couple of better quality attacking players early in January rather than wait till end of the "window" ...AA was very vocal time and time again back In the summer window about need for attacking additions ....the bigger deals he tried to set up did not get completed for various reasons .......in the most part the ones we did end bringing in been very hit and miss

Fair few other clubs in our league will also be looking for similar players and doing ground work already 

9 hours ago, fraz65 said:

The most clean sheets and saves in the division. 

I know that he's made some errors, and that he isn't Dan Bachmann, but we've had a lot worse over the years. 

Clean sheets mainly due to the players in front of him, he’s had a few good saves but few and far between, 9/10 of his goal kicks end up coming straight back to him and he struggles to claim a cross with any conviction. I’m not expecting another Bachman as he was exceptional, just think we can do better than Branescu. Anyone know what Chad Harper is up to.. 

40 minutes ago, Darryl1869 said:

Clean sheets mainly due to the players in front of him, he’s had a few good saves but few and far between, 9/10 of his goal kicks end up coming straight back to him and he struggles to claim a cross with any conviction. I’m not expecting another Bachman as he was exceptional, just think we can do better than Branescu. Anyone know what Chad Harper is up to.. 

I was going to say you clearly have a very short memory until you typed the last 8 words and, joking or not, I just lost all belief.

1 hour ago, Darryl1869 said:

If his clean sheets are mainly due to the players in front of him, then why has he made the most saves in the SPL?

I wouldn't be wasting any wages on another keeper. Branescu is fine, he can be erratic but most keepers at this level are prone to that. We got lucky with Bachmann. 

imo we need a number 10 for some creativity, a striker and a winger. El Makrini is just not the advanced type player, he is essentially another Power. He's done well on occasion in that position but he was lost last night, seems AA just doesn't want to sacrifice that extra bit of steel in the midfield. That's why mulumbu was so good, he gave that physicality but also creativity. Still without a club from what i can see......

3 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

I wouldn't be wasting any wages on another keeper. Branescu is fine, he can be erratic but most keepers at this level are prone to that. We got lucky with Bachmann. 

imo we need a number 10 for some creativity, a striker and a winger. El Makrini is just not the advanced type player, he is essentially another Power. He's done well on occasion in that position but he was lost last night, seems AA just doesn't want to sacrifice that extra bit of steel in the midfield. That's why mulumbu was so good, he gave that physicality but also creativity. Still without a club from what i can see......

For me you have hit the nail on the head with your summing up of Branescu. I think he has done well but always room for improvement. I would love to have Mulumbu back at Killie he was strong on the ball and could deliver that telling pass that could split a defence.

16 hours ago, Darryl1869 said:

And a goalkeeper, Branescu is horrendous.

This attitude / unwarranted agenda is getting a bit odd now from some. Most saves and more importantly most clean sheets in the league - yet some people still don’t think that has anything to do with the keeper. Is he perfect? No. Is he better than a lot of the goalies we’ve had even just recently? Yes. 

Why some find it so hard to simply get behind the team, all players included, is pointless now. Defensively we’re one of the best in the league and we have to give credit to the goalie for a large part of this.

It could - and it has - been a lot worse.