January transfer

Craigieboy

Just now, Mojike and Bod said:

Heard we are trying to re-sign Tope Obadeyi. 

I’d love this to be true. He could be hit and miss at times but always liked Tope. Bit of pace and power in a wide area. Offered a decent goal return as well. I reckon Rory McKenzie would also love it as he’d take some of the heat from unhappy fans  off him. 

2 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

No, what I said was we have a Head of Football Ops and that it is a fair assumption that he will be involved in transfer activity

I agree it’s a fair assumption. 

Whats worrying is I don’t see how he is qualified for this role and the lack of any potential signings being identified. 

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

I’d love this to be true. He could be hit and miss at times but always liked Tope. Bit of pace and power in a wide area. Offered a decent goal return as well. I reckon Rory McKenzie would also love it as he’d take some of the heat from unhappy fans  off him. 

Will certainly add much needed pace to the team. Not sure he is the answer to us being a top 6 side though.

4 minutes ago, CB said:

We'd need to sign his maw too. Always scored when she came to watch him play. 

I can only think she's either deceased or confined to her house now!

Last scored on 9 December 2017.

His 12 goals in 59 games for Killie was the Mount Olympus of his scoring history.

Edited by skygod

32 minutes ago, piffer said:

Tope Obadeyi? You’ve lost your mind

3 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

Tope Obadeyi? You’ve lost your mind

Admittedly I haven’t seen him play since he left Killie but if you look @skygod stat of 12 goals in 59 games we’ve had strikers in recent years that don’t have those stats in their dreams never mind reality. Tope was doing it from the left wing in a poor side under AJ and Locke. 

I may though have lost my marbles

39 minutes ago, piffer said:

Possibly time to shut the forum down for a couple of days, let folks get their heads together

2 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

No, what I said was we have a Head of Football Ops and that it is a fair assumption that he will be involved in transfer activity.

I didn’t say ‘everything is going to be ok’ or anything like it. I just prefer to judge people on their action rather than rushing to castigate everyone for everything, because we aren’t in the BBC Transfer Gossip column.

I have no idea how the club is carrying out its work - and neither do you.

Agree, this is one of the most reasoned posts on this thread.