January transfer

Craigieboy

9 minutes ago, Mogwai said:

If Chelsea are now able to sign players, that might push Billy Gilmour further down the pecking order this season.

I'd be asking Sir Steve to put in a good word for us to see if they want to give him some game time with us.

I'd expect a quick NO thou, especially since Chelsea are reluctant to allow their players to play even friendlies on an artificial surface......

2 incoming before the weekend would be good and sounds like they may have already been working with the squad which is a bonus. 

Del Fabro is out of contract in May apparently.

No idea how he feels about his time here and the demise of AA but I’d like us to at least be offering him a permanent deal. 

58 minutes ago, skygod said:

Did we have that much more cash around 2010-12? 

I doubt it, yet we could afford to sign players like Dean Shiels, Paul Heffernan, Danny Buijs, Gary Harkins, Lee Johnston, Cillian Sheridan, Borja Perez, Sammy Clingan and so on, who I would describe as proper, mature fitba' players.

I can't say that about a lot of the players we have signed in the last year. 

Gates are up, if anything. I don't remember any major transfer receipts back then - Sammon and Bryson maybe, yet we've had Taylor recently. We've had back-to-back Top Six finishes. 

Yet we are  dealing in pretty indifferent loan players and bottom-of-the-barrel free transfers.

How come we could afford better players back then than now?

It’s simple the majority of players move for more money and the English game is awash with cash.

4 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Kwame Thomas is not very highly rated by Donny fans. ‘Seriously Sunday League’ ‘worst player to play for us since the Conference days’ are two of the quotes from my big pal who watches Rovers. Not entirely hopeful he will prove to be a rough diamond....

Aye but he's a big poultice! :P

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Did we have that much more cash around 2010-12? 

I doubt it, yet we could afford to sign players like Dean Shiels, Paul Heffernan, Danny Buijs, Gary Harkins, Lee Johnston, Cillian Sheridan, Borja Perez, Sammy Clingan and so on, who I would describe as proper, mature fitba' players.

Good observation. Baffling.

So with Adam Frizzel returning from Dumbarton anf two forwards looking close to signing I think our attacking options will be fine but not the best. We need a real hold up striker that's confident in winning aerial battles to knock down and for Brophy to slot home.

The attcking players we have.

Senior- Burke, McKenzie, Kiltie, Frizzel, Brophy and Cameron.

With the two new blokes that are training Bunn seems that he would be a great signing with experience in the English Championship where as Thomas has played 60 odd games and 10 goals not a good stat. 

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire

4 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

So with Adam Frizzel returning from Dumbarton anf two forwards looking close to signing I think our attacking options will be fine but not the best. We need a real hold up striker that's confident in winning aerial battles to knock down and for Brophy to slot home.

With the two new blokes that are training Bunn seems that he would be a great signing where as Thomas has played 60 odd gmes and 10 goals not a good stat. 

For a winger, 1 in 6 is decent.

edit - not that Thomas, THAT Thomas. My mistake.

Edited by NorfolkG

5 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

With the two new blokes that are training Bunn seems that he would be a great signing with experience in the English Championship where as Thomas has played 60 odd games and 10 goals not a good stat. 

Thank f*ck your not in charge if you think we will be ok with those attacking players mentioned. 

15 hours ago, killieblue said:

Ndjoli over Main by a long shot for me. And I don’t rate either of them that highly. 

Main is an absolute handful for defences allowing others around him to play. Ndjoli was a headless chicken although had great pace. Both would add something different 

5 hours ago, BigYin said:

When/If we have a complete strike force, not all of them have to be 15+ goal strikers. Having a couple who can hit the back of the net and then someone like Thomas who is more of a physical striker and can put himself around creating chances and space for the other strikers is a good balance to have and gives different options  

Thomas is not a physical player in the slightest?