January transfer

Craigieboy

19 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

My romantic recollection of Eremenko was he often assisted the assist, if that's a thing.

Think that’s probably accurate. Eremenko was probably involved in more goals than anyone else but others would have had more direct assists. 

7 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

As in his sublime pass behind a fullback for Jamie Hamill to lay the cross on a plate for The Fish.

Yes i remember correctly we were all going daft cause he never played the pass first time, but then played this unreal ball between centre half and full back 

3 hours ago, chubbs said:

One of Eremenko's great strengths was his vision to bring others into play .... how many times did he play the ball out to Hamill or Hay to put a cross in.

He will have contributed to more than he is officially credited an assist.

My first memory of Alexi was a high ball he launched over the Celtic defence at RP. It looked so aimless, he never even seemed to look where he was kicking it that I think the entire Celtic defence seemed convinced that he had skyed it out of the park. Until that is everybody spotted Sammon racing after it. Apart from a bit of a sprint Alexi had left Sammon with little more than a tap in.

Sadly we lost 1-2.

57 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Yes i remember correctly we were all going daft cause he never played the pass first time, but then played this unreal ball between centre half and full back 

Often while watching football at Killie's level you can see passes that the player on the ball does not see so the pass does not get made.

With Eremenko he could see passes that you couldn't even see while sitting in the stand watching the game. His vision was amazing. Never seen anyone else with that ability in a Killie shirt, not even Tommy Burns.

1 hour ago, KillkieBoab said:

As in his sublime pass behind a fullback for Jamie Hamill to lay the cross on a plate for The Fish.

Then one when he even pointed to where he was going to put it, and the Rangers full back still couldn't get there. A different level.

31 minutes ago, historyman said:

Often while watching football at Killie's level you can see passes that the player on the ball does not see so the pass does not get made.

With Eremenko he could see passes that you couldn't even see while sitting in the stand watching the game. His vision was amazing. Never seen anyone else with that ability in a Killie shirt, not even Tommy Burns.

Exactly this! He kept on surprising you with passes that you didn't think were possible. It also made me realise how much effort he must have put in on the training ground to educate his fellow team mates to anticipate runs and create space for his passes

19 minutes ago, psv_killie said:

Exactly this! He kept on surprising you with passes that you didn't think were possible. It also made me realise how much effort he must have put in on the training ground to educate his fellow team mates to anticipate runs and create space for his passes

He certainly helped Sammon and Hammill get deals they would otherwise never have been offered.
They should have been paying him a good whack of the higher wages they received when they left Killie.