January transfer

Craigieboy

Tony Watt and Matty Kennedy both did well for St Johnstone. Tommy Wright has made some decent signings, Frazer Wright being one of them, and has done very well on limited budget. Their board are seeing the benefit of not panicking sticking with him when they were going through a tough spell earlier in the season. We will have a difficult game there on 25th and I suspect we will be going into it with 1 point out of 21 and no goals in our last 7 league games. 

Edited by historyman

12 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I'm not buying that. They're at it with those figures. Could they be counting every freebie they've given away regardless of whether folk actually attend and adding that total on to the folk who actually do?

The bizarre thing is I tend to think we downsize our attendances as I've been at games where clearly more than 5k but comes out at just over 4k.....

so barring any confirmed signings today we go into the cup game (and then into a busy week of league games) with just one new signing - who has not played for a while and also Kiltie recalled from a loan  --whilst a fair few players been moved out 

Was hoping to see couple of quality additions in for the return from the break ----now its hoping we see them in before end of the "window" or asap

Generally hate negativity and tried not to add to it but is anyone else a bit dumfounded by us allowing Thomas to go when we are clearly seriously lacking attacking options? 

I'm not saying he's a top player for us or anything like that BUT with what we have at our disposal at the moment he is most certainly an option. 
1 or 2 injuries and this will look even more ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

so barring any confirmed signings today we go into the cup game (and then into a busy week of league games) with just one new signing - who has not played for a while and also Kiltie recalled from a loan  --whilst a fair few players been moved out 

Was hoping to see couple of quality additions in for the return from the break ----now its hoping we see them in before end of the "window" or asap

That's about the size of it. Very little difference from how we ended 2019 and we could all see that the strength in depth in the squad was nowhere near good enough.

Signing a player who hasn't kicked a ball since Bury went bust and swapping over a loan with Dunfermline is way short of what was required. Hard to be optimistic about the rest of the season. All we need is a winking emoji to round things off.

Surprised people are surprised at the lack of necessary squad improvement. Zero evidence to suggest we'll get what's required. Rookie manager - ( I'm a fan just facts) and Rookie Director of Football. Been in disarray since Clarke left. Any improvement at all will be very late in the day. Feeding off scraps with no plan. Might be in the bottom two by then too but we reap what we sow. No pun intended. 

Looking forward to seeing Bunn though. Hopefully provides a spark. Kiltie should get 1 last chance too. We should still have enough to get through tomorrow but the boys are going to have to dig very deep this season. Sadly I would bite your hand off for 7/8th right now. 

4 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Alex Dyer hoping to get “at least one or two players” in - says the club need more firepower up front. One or two players in the pipeline, hoping to get one over the line in the coming days.

The operative word in all this is HOPING!!

Everyone of us hoping - but if you don't spend the dough to other Clubs they will go.....!!

7 minutes ago, pmonty3 said:

Surprised people are surprised at the lack of necessary squad improvement. Zero evidence to suggest we'll get what's required. Rookie manager - ( I'm a fan just facts) and Rookie Director of Football. Been in disarray since Clarke left. Any improvement at all will be very late in the day. Feeding off scraps with no plan. Might be in the bottom two by then too but we reap what we sow. No pun intended. 

Looking forward to seeing Bunn though. Hopefully provides a spark. Kiltie should get 1 last chance too. We should still have enough to get through tomorrow but the boys are going to have to dig very deep this season. Sadly I would bite your hand off for 7/8th right now. 

7th unfortunately after last season, would be a fantastic finish.

It’s getting hard not to criticise!

when will they (everyone at the club) learn lessons?

Fail to prepare and Prepare to Fail is a phrase the club need to understand.

My glass half full says we will sign 3 fabulous players who Wil add speed, strength and skill to our team and we will be a joy to watch.  recent history  will show that They don’t really know what they are doing - which is a huge worry.

Dyer still going with the “Needing 1 or 2 more players” which would only bring us back up to the numbers we had before the break (assuming we sign 2) and even then we were still a body or 2 short. 

I’m not sure if he genuinely thinks that’s all we need or he’s just playing it down in case planned deals don’t come off