Accies home, Fred

CB

This season so far Rory has been one of our best performers. He's in the top 3 or 4 consistently. 

I really don't get the criticism of him. 

SOD had a terrible game yesterday but I think he'll know that himself so again there's no point shouting abuse. 

I think we're simply missing the midfielder who can control the game and make that killer pass - i.e. Mulumbu. 

2 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

We should have won,we deserved to win 

Just one of those days. Was looking like we would win easy after we equalised. Just didne happen. Most entertaining game we've had all season. Frustrating at the end. Why refs wait till the last few minutes to book for time wasting is beyond me. Do it after they have been warned once. Cuts it there and then. Very week refereeing. 

Just saw highlights, no way Branescu to blame for first - and Dicker unlucky as it was a header down to Power who was there - just Accies were quicker to it.

2nd - Branescu mibbe could have gotten down quicker but it was a total snapshot, happened so fast and Mickael Miller had a great wee early header down in the lead-up that did the whole defence. We'll lose a lot worse goals than that IMO

We did have a barrel-load of chances i the second half though - just one of those unlucky days.

Onward and upwards.

15 hours ago, dasboag said:

Just saw highlights, no way Branescu to blame for first - and Dicker unlucky as it was a header down to Power who was there - just Accies were quicker to it.

2nd - Branescu mibbe could have gotten down quicker but it was a total snapshot, happened so fast and Mickael Miller had a great wee early header down in the lead-up that did the whole defence. We'll lose a lot worse goals than that IMO

We did have a barrel-load of chances i the second half though - just one of those unlucky days.

Onward and upwards.

Was quite fortuitous that centre forward chested the ball down which fell to Miller for his header at the 2nd too.  Morrison had too much time and space in that area of the pitch though, which was disappointing.

Negatives - after the shock of losing two goals completely against the run of play, our support were too quick to get a lot of players backs when we recycled the ball rather than speculatively punting to an outnumbered and outmuscled Wolf. 
AA was too slow to alter our formation when they went down to 10, and unless fitness was the issue, Power would've been better giving way than El Mak in 2nd half as he offered less going forward. 
Jackson is worse than a man down and unfortunately appears to be living up to my expectations of him, unfit, off the pace and short of confidence (which isn’t great on a 3 month deal).

why we have ballboys/girls/infants just past the age of being able to walk unaided is pathetic when their sole aim is to get the ball back in play as quickly as possible. Do we not have 12-14 year olds in the area willing to do that job?

Positives - the players kept going and kept playing football throughout, despite the blow of knowing Alex Bruce will be another casualty and being up against a wall of defenders for 60 mins. 
Brophy has his best game in months and caused their defence all sorts of problems by getting in the channels and making a nuisance of himself. 
Gary Dicker is the team leader and turns up every week. 
Liam Miller’s directness gave is an out ball and got us in behind them, much better from him. 
Chris Burke is a gem and we’ve been lucky to have him these last 2+ years. 
What looked like being a shocking result after 30 mins almost became a great escape and players deserve credit for dominating the game throughout. 

5 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Negatives - after the shock of losing two goals completely against the run of play, our support were too quick to get a lot of players backs when we recycled the ball rather than speculatively punting to an outnumbered and outmuscled Wolf. 

I agree that getting on players backs really is not the most helpful strategy in any circumstance. All I will say her is that the strategy of "re-cycling the ball was really causing the Hamilton team no more concern than speculative punts to Brophy would have.

Surely past evidence of that tactic proves it’s pointless as we create nothing when it’s launched to a 5’9” target man? It just comes back or runs to their keeper. Keeping the ball tired them out and the last 25 mins was attack v defence as they couldn’t get up the park to trouble us (other than a 60sec flourish in injury time).
It’s a significant reason Liverpool score more goals in the last 15 mins than any other English team, constantly moving the ball and retaining it is tiring for the defending team until they make a mistake or can’t cover the ground as well. 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I agree that getting on players backs really is not the most helpful strategy in any circumstance. All I will say her is that the strategy of "re-cycling the ball was really causing the Hamilton team no more concern than speculative punts to Brophy would have.

I thought we caused Hamilton no end of problems and should have scored more than 2.

Our passing moved them all over the place and they totally lost shape in last 15.

Edited by NorfolkG

1 hour ago, NorfolkG said:

I thought we caused Hamilton no end of problems and should have scored more than 2.

I meant in the 1st half when we were 0-2 down, they looked very comfortable sitting in behind the ball. Everybody around me seemed disinclined to appreciate what was going on. Singling out individuals for some real abuse which I thought was unhelpful. I thought the tactics of the slow patient build up against 10 men was playing right into their game plan.

Right up until their keeper ballsed up a speculative punt from outside the box.

10 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I meant in the 1st half when we were 0-2 down, they looked very comfortable sitting in behind the ball. Everybody around me seemed disinclined to appreciate what was going on. Singling out individuals for some real abuse which I thought was unhelpful. I thought the tactics of the slow patient build up against 10 men was playing right into their game plan.

I agree first half we lacked any urgency.

It was very poor at times.

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

But surely  you must agree that Hamilton can't hit us quickly against the run of play again as long as we had almost complete retention of possession!?

So while we weren't 'blockbusting' our way back into the game -we were in complete control.

I reckon if we went all out we could have easily lost 3-1 or 4-2 with the pace they had on the break

47 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Cant disagree with that though to be fair - but Killie Hamilton is like Scotland v San Marino/Faroes. How many times have Scotland hammered these teams since we've played them, mibbe twice? So difficult to break down and get past 10 bodies in the box.

Long and short of it is that Hamilton are an absolutely despicable wee team with no ambition better themselves.

15 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Did I give them permission to print that? Puts a whole new light on what you post when you remember it could appear in a newspaper.

Still, a reasonably sober assessment. Could have been one of my 6 cans of Stella rants.

If you want a serious (legal) answer you own the copyright to anything you write.

However, the fair dealing defence would cover someone fairly quoting a short part of what you say and correctly crediting where it is coming from and not seeking to make a specific profit from using your words. (On the latter point, if they put on the front page of the paper "Latest Killie views from gdevoy" each week, you would definitely be due a payment.)

The description elsewhere (from Fankle) of the i "ripping off" from fan sites seems harsh. Isn't it good publicity for all those sites - and isn't it better than if they just harvested some mad ravings from Facebook?

Edited by Jon
Adding attribution