Bring Back McDonald !

MrTumnus

To be fair, much as Jamie McDonald was terrific for us, his level dropped at the start of last season and he hadn’t lifted it again when he got the chance this season.

I am far from convinced by Lary but I’d say they are similar keepers. I don’t see McDonald as the answer, sadly.

Edited by NorfolkG

Just now, Skora11 said:

Both looked like cracking goals, would have to see them again before putting any blame on the goalkeeper. 

I thought the first was very well hit. The second didn’t seem as well hit and didn’t look to be in the corner. Certainly Dicker was at fault IMO as well for the first as he headed the ball into trouble and no one was closing Miller down. 

56 minutes ago, TLC said:

There are valid questions to be asked of Larry, but McDonald is certainly not the answer. 

There is a reason the only club he could  get are a team of strugglers in the second tier. 

In fairness, he could only sign at Championship level - the window was closed, I think.

Played in win today v Dunfermline.

Edited by NorfolkG

1 hour ago, KillkieBoab said:

Have just seen the first Hamilton goal on Sky. No 'keeper would have saved that it was a peach.

Looking forward to seeing it back.  I don’t feel that he moves his feet (in general) and dives from his standing spot.  No doubt TV will prove me totally wrong though!!

Folk seem to think the criticisms directed towards Larry are just because of the goals, but they’re not.

He is hopeless at cross balls and is just a competent shot stopper. His distribution is questionable and he makes some baffling decisions - I.e today with his mental moment when he tried to pass the ball out and gave it to the accies player.