Relationship between fans and players

NorfolkG

I sit behind the dugout and Rory was totally gutted when he came off. He actually looked shocked. Never spoke or shook hands with anyone. I'm not his biggest fan and didn't know about the abuse he was taking. The 'shouters' need to get a grip or confidence at home will be at rock bottom across the team.

14 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Rory is the new James Fowler. Honest hard working pro who is vital to the team. Played under numerous managers and well liked by players. 

I was thinking this the other day. 

Fow used to say when his contract was due for renewal, “I don't care what it says, just give me it and I’ll sign it.” 

I think, instead of being cherished, this type of player is taken for granted and punished for their loyalty.

It's not just that Rory will run through walls for us...it's that he does. Weekly. The guy is decent on the ball too and is a huge part of the defending from the front tactics that have made us so successful. In a decade or so when his time has been and gone he will, like Fowler, be sorely missed. One of many great team players our club have run down over the years. 

Why are we as a support allowing our players to take this abuse?  I remember about three seasons ago sitting in the East and a bloke started on Jones in the first minute and never let up, I asked him to let up, he told me he paid his money and could do what he wanted, I disagreed and stewards decided to step in, I’m not saying that folk should start fighting but there are ways to talk someone down, especially when there are several people around of the same belief.

15 hours ago, andydippy said:

The difference being you choose which films and concerts to go and see through choice. You have one football team you support, which have different players who play for the team coming and going over the years, so it is not your choice as to who the players are that you are paying to watch. 

Not that I'm saying you should abuse them, but it is the club badge you are supporting, so it is easy to form the opinion that a player is not up to that badges standard. 

I wonder at the outcome if someone went to a James Bond film and spent the whole time shouting abuse whenever Daniel Craig came on screen  calling for him to be replaced and yelling that he wasn't as good as Pierce Brosnan.

Edited by Jon
Spelling

5 hours ago, Jon said:

I wonder at the outcome if someone went to a James Bond film and spent the whole time shouting abuse whenever Daniel Craig came on screen  calling for him to be replaced and yelling that he wasn't as good as Pierce Brosnan.

I wouldn’t be bothered.

Live and let live, pal.

I will admit I don't see what McKenzie brings to the team but would never shout abuse to one of our own players. Clearly a range of managers feel he brings something to the team. I don't see him as an attacking threat or great at a defensive job but then again I'm not a football manager but do understand where the abuse comes from.

10 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Rory is the new James Fowler. Honest hard working pro who is vital to the team. Played under numerous managers and well liked by players. He’s captained us a few times and a genuinely good guy. 

Rory has made over 230 appearances for Killie at just turned 26. Turned down leaving to be dedicated to the club. Local guy and will run through brick walls for us.

Give him a break. 

No disputing that he is hardworking and always gives everything but think he offers alot more than that, scored a few crackers in his time and always available to take the ball in any situation. Saying that James Fowler scored a couple of peaches aswell!! 

25 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

I will admit I don't see what McKenzie brings to the team but would never shout abuse to one of our own players. Clearly a range of managers feel he brings something to the team. I don't see him as an attacking threat or great at a defensive job but then again I'm not a football manager but do understand where the abuse comes from.

Therefore by using your logic you also disagree with our present manager and our previous manager who think/ thought Rory brings something to our team and you know more than the two of them?

32 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Therefore by using your logic you also disagree with our present manager and our previous manager who think/ thought Rory brings something to our team and you know more than the two of them?

Yes I do and said that in the original post. I don't rate him as a footballer but clearly managers do. It's a matter of opinions and I wouldn't have him in my starting 11.