Relationship between fans and players

NorfolkG

On 11/11/2019 at 4:11 AM, fraz65 said:

Spectators also pay the wages of actors and musicians who perform live.

To pay £20 plus to go and shout abuse at them would be viewed as madness.

For some reason it's acceptable in football. 

Bit of an odd analogy. Generally, a band/musician will perform the same way each time because it's "scripted". In saying that, I've seen bands booed off for being too pissed to even play. I've never given abuse to an individual player in our team, but I have to admit to vocalising being pissed off about a simple chance missed, or some shambolic play. I'm quite sure everyone on this forum has. If they can't admit that, then they are lying to themselves...

Edited by killieblues

He has improved, but he had a lot to improve on. Until SSC took over he was a headless chicken, running about without making any impact on games. In the current side I would rate Dicker, Power, SoD, and Findlay, above him in importance to the team. He can score goals, he's scored some crackers, but he maybe needs to score more than he is at present in a low-scoring side. 

56 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

He has improved, but he had a lot to improve on. Until SSC took over he was a headless chicken, running about without making any impact on games. In the current side I would rate Dicker, Power, SoD, and Findlay, above him in importance to the team. He can score goals, he's scored some crackers, but he maybe needs to score more than he is at present in a low-scoring side. 

Scores more than Power who is more of a danger to the kids in the Moffat with his shots than the opposition goal.

No one wishes Alessio to succeed more than me, but I heard again today from a good source that all is still not well. Reports of players constantly feuding at training and still complaining about the training regime in the hotel, with no care as to who hears. I’m not totally surprised, as not one of the players who were there when he arrived have ever wholeheartedly endorsed him. 

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

No one wishes Alessio to succeed more than me, but I heard again today from a good source that all is still not well. Reports of players constantly feuding at training and still complaining about the training regime in the hotel, with no care as to who hears. I’m not totally surprised, as not one of the players who were there when he arrived have ever wholeheartedly endorsed him. 

It's the good source again, name names or don't spread rumour. Rumour quickly becomes fact on fan's websites. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Is your source big Kirk by any chance. Give it a rest with the negativity will you.

6 hours ago, Killiepie said:

Yes I do and said that in the original post. I don't rate him as a footballer but clearly managers do. It's a matter of opinions and I wouldn't have him in my starting 11.

I respect your opinion but I think I'd rather endorse AA and SC' s opinion far more and as I've previously said earlier in this thread in my opinion Rory deserves far more respect than some of us are giving him he is our longest serving player ffs!

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Reports of players constantly feuding at training and still complaining about the training regime in the hotel

People don't like the work which their boss is making them do and people taking their work seriously enough to get involved in training ground feuds. 

Nothing I wouldn't expect at most clubs and with most managers. 

Edited by Dieter's Heeder

7 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I think that if there is still unhappiness with aspects of the training then there is plenty of room for a further adjustment on AA’s part if it buys harmony. It has been a big change on the players’ part from someone they loved (or perhaps feared, or perhaps both) to someone they don’t know. GD, SOD and Power knuckled down, results followed, but if they are not happy deep down then there is still scope to amend things with no real harm done.

It can’t just be the manager changing things. The players have to give something as well. The manager has had his flaws but the players IMO have been a disappointment since he took over. The attitude at times has been questionable. The application at times has been questionable. It’s not fair on the manager to give him the job and the demands that go with it then turn round and say you have to do it the way Clarke done it. 

5 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I agree with your comments. I still think concessions can usually be made to keep a happy ship 

How much more can he give. If the players want more intensity in training he has to sacrifice more of his ideals and philosophies. That takes him further away from where he wants us to be as a team to suit a playing staff who are making few sacrifices to learn his ways. Perhaps he could offer to work on what the players want on the days they normally get off. 

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Funny how we never hear these stories when the team is on a winning run.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and not everybody will agree with that opinion. So if somebody wants to pay the club money to come in and shout negative things then that is up to them. Some people have agendas against certain players for reasons others don’t agree with and that will be the same across the footballing world.