Relationship between fans and players

NorfolkG

7 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

I do think there are extenuating circumstances for the flat atmosphere: the humiliation by CQN and the dry style of football.

It doesn’t stop me shouting my head off (in support) but I do understand why some don’t.

The abuse though, I can’t understand it. And it’s making games a far less enjoyable experience. Players reacting should be our tipping point as a support to nip this nonsense.

Absolutely this.

I also don't see a great difference in our patterns of play this year, but as we all know we don't have the Stewart/Mulumbu player to make the difference.

For me - the additional thing is that people (me included) supported Stevie C blindly - we essentially had a crowd of happy-clappers and often the team responded to it.

Several times under Clarke we went a goal down - crowd responded positively.  I've yet to see this under Angelo.

Are a power of people just stubborn Sun/Record reading bastards that made up their minds about this manager after the CQN game? I'm inclined to think so.

The moaners need to belt up and get behind the team. Same players who gave 100% under SCC and whilst making poor decisions in the final ball, no excuse for Killie fans acting like morons having a go at our own players. Yes you pay to go in but not a right to abuse our own players. Great example you are to the younger kids coming to games to see older fans acting like they have a right. I was close to a incident where SOD rightly had a go a fan for a poor ball in but at least SOD looked back and apologised to the fan for biting back. He has more respect that the diddies that gave abuse and didn't hear the moaner apologise.. Whilst it is frustrating to see the us struggle in the final 3rd, we need to get behind the team. Others teams have sussed us out and play 9 at the back and for most teams they would struggle. Doesn`t help at games where refs and linos get it wrong but no place for abusing our own players. Grow up and get behind the team!!

11 minutes ago, dasboag said:

Several times under Clarke we went a goal down - crowd responded positively.  I've yet to see this under Angelo.

Probably because we have been pretty woeful up front. The sending off yesterday made the difference. Most probably can’t see this team coming back the way Clarke’s team did. Got to score goals to win games. Really missing a Boyd type player. 

3 minutes ago, BDM2510 said:

The moaners need to belt up and get behind the team. Same players who gave 100% under SCC and whilst making poor decisions in the final ball, no excuse for Killie fans acting like morons having a go at our own players. Yes you pay to go in but not a right to abuse our own players. Great example you are to the younger kids coming to games to see older fans acting like they have a right. I was close to a incident where SOD rightly had a go a fan for a poor ball in but at least SOD looked back and apologised to the fan for biting back. He has more respect that the diddies that gave abuse and didn't hear the moaner apologise.. Whilst it is frustrating to see the us struggle in the final 3rd, we need to get behind the team. Others teams have sussed us out and play 9 at the back and for most teams they would struggle. Doesn`t help at games where refs and linos get it wrong but no place for abusing our own players. Grow up and get behind the team!!

Excellent post. I've never felt the need to shout abuse at our own players. Traditionally it's the referee and linesmen that get in the kneck.

1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

Really missing a Greg Stewart or Mulumbu tbh, they can unlock tight defences with one pass, I also think that SOD is suffering more because of his decision not to accept new contract, we’ve kind of set out our stall in how we deal with players heading to “bigger” clubs.

We’d finish in the top 3 comfortably with those two players. Been huge misses.

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I hear more SOD abuse than Rory gets. But don’t see many on here standing up for SOD. I think Rory is a good squad player but lacks quality we need to be a top team. Him getting a regular game has helped his form but he offers much less attacking intent than Burke and he couldn’t lace JJ boots. We lack guile when he’s in the team but we have a better defensive component. No excuse for the abuse others refer too - as said no abuse helpful - but a genuine debate about his quality and influence is understandable for me. For SOD I can’t believe the lack of respect for his contribution and Achievement. We could lose Rory tomorrow and we would recover without much impact. We lose SOD and we have a hole that could take years to fill. Like with JJ sometimes it takes the loss of such a players before some will appreciate the true value they bring.

Big difference between Rory McKenzie and your beloved JJ is that Rory commuted himself to anew contract when another team was sniffing about trying to get his signature unlike Mr Jones and if Rory had to lace his boots at present it wouldn't be on a servo match day as he seems to be well out of old slippys plans at present!

33 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Big difference between Rory McKenzie and your beloved JJ is that Rory commuted himself to anew contract when another team was sniffing about trying to get his signature unlike Mr Jones and if Rory had to lace his boots at present it wouldn't be on a servo match day as he seems to be well out of old slippys plans at present!

I’m not interested in jj rangers career. The odd comment simply to balance the ignorant avoidance of his talent whilst at killie. . I think he may be injured after a pretty good start with them? A few more games than for the excellent Greg Taylor after a similar move. My issue is with the lack of appreciation of Jones whilst at killie. I’m hoping even the most defiant fans now realise the the huge step back we have taken in the Atttacking sense since we lost JJ. I can’t see us ever replacing him fully.

8 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I’m hoping even the most defiant fans now realise the the huge step back we have taken in the Atttacking sense since we lost JJ. I can’t see us ever replacing him fully.

It’s a matter of opinion. JJ got us up the park and yes he scored/created more than most of our current options but for me our attack changed completely when we lost Stewart. He was the talisman of the team. He provided great foil for Brophy and was at the heart of just about all our good attacking play. 

Again a matter of opinion but a Greg Stewart on top form would improve our current team and give us the attacking/creative presence we need more than a Jordan Jones on top form. 

16 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I’m not interested in jj rangers career. The odd comment simply to balance the ignorant avoidance of his talent whilst at killie. . I think he may be injured after a pretty good start with them? A few more games than for the excellent Greg Taylor after a similar move. My issue is with the lack of appreciation of Jones whilst at killie. I’m hoping even the most defiant fans now realise the the huge step back we have taken in the Atttacking sense since we lost JJ. I can’t see us ever replacing him fully.

I do agree he was a good option but so were David Silva and James Dayton.

Good - but replaceable - even in our more modest financial reality of the past 15 years.

14 minutes ago, piffer said:

It’s a matter of opinion. JJ got us up the park and yes he scored/created more than most of our current options but for me our attack changed completely when we lost Stewart. He was the talisman of the team. He provided great foil for Brophy and was at the heart of just about all our good attacking play. 

Again a matter of opinion but a Greg Stewart on top form would improve our current team and give us the attacking/creative presence we need more than a Jordan Jones on top form. 

Stewart was a huge talent but never our player. We had jj on a 3 year contract. He was ours and he was never fully appreciated by most. Shame.

20 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Good - but replaceable - even in our more modest financial reality of the past 15 years.

Game of opinions and respect yours. But whist Dayton and Silva made good contributions, comparing them  to JJ for me is like comparing Eddie large to billy Connolly ( in the comedy arena). Imagine JJ whipping down the wing at 2 2 Saturday. We would have won  that game. 

32 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

He's a class above both of those and I think will prove that once he's back to fitness with Rangers in the same way as someone like Jack. 

In terms of replaceable - we haven't replaced him and I don't think any side in our league outwith the old firm has signed anyone nearly as talented in that role. 

Lacked final ball and was a massive dick, but that spark he had is hard to come by. The goal in the comeback against Hibs as an example lifted the stadium in a way it rarely has with the current squad. 

13 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Game of opinions and respect yours. But whist Dayton and Silva made good contributions, comparing them  to JJ for me is like comparing Eddie large to billy Connolly ( in the comedy arena). Imagine JJ whipping down the wing at 2 2 Saturday. We would have won  that game. 

True. But Dayton would have just stuck one in from 30 yards.

We are down several key attackers from last season and it’s definitely affecting us. 

I don’t disagree Jones is a loss; I do disagree about how difficult he is or isn’t to replace though. Middleton, Seedorf, Hedges, O’Halloran, Kennedy are all out there - and Chris Burke isn’t too shabby either.

Failure of recruitment is the issue imo.

As for Saturday, there were some great deliveries. Several glorious chances went untaken.

Edited by NorfolkG

2 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I don’t disagree Jones is a loss; I do disagree about how difficult he is or isn’t to replace though. Middleton, Seedorf, Hedges, O’Halloran, Kennedy are all out there - and Chris Burke isn’t too shabby either.

We only disagree on how good jones was. These guys in my opinion ( except Kennedy who I believe could be a good signing if we can get him firing) are journeymen. Not internationals. Not with a club that’s in the euro league. Decent and maybe better than we have. But a little short. But maybe what what’s reasonable to reach for. JJ once in a a generation for me. I’d sign Kennedy in January.

14 hours ago, andydippy said:

It's not just at killie, every team has fans that moan no matter what level they are it, be it Real Madrid or Troon Juniors. 

The moaning attitude is abundant in football in general not just at the fans level. Look at how the players and managers constantly moan at referees for example. There is a real lack of respect in the game of football which translates throughout the sport. I'd suggest money has a large part to play with it : players get paid silly amounts of money so feel they are the superstars, and fans who pay to watch them feel they can abuse the players because they are "paying their wages". 

Iam aware Kilmarnock players are not on superstar wages which is why we should not expect them to perform the way the players do that we watch in the champions league on the tele. 

Spectators also pay the wages of actors and musicians who perform live.

To pay £20 plus to go and shout abuse at them would be viewed as madness.

For some reason it's acceptable in football. 

8 hours ago, Bbk said:

What a pish argument. I’m pretty sure if Rangers or any other team were willing to quadruple Rory’s wages then he’d be off. 

12 hours ago, BR1869 said:

Saw this and thought the exact same thing. 

Maybe there’s more to it but doesn’t smack of a joyous celebration with your fans does it?

He made the Wolf sign to the Killie fans after he scored. A couple of other points. Our home support seems to be hovering around the 5000 at last, despite an up and down season. Could it be the new policy of giving out an adult and child ticket to each school kid? Also, if we had Bachman, Stewart and Jones, I reckon we’d be a clear third. As someone once said, good players make good managers. 

As everyone has said, Rory/SoD (this season) and Brophy are the main ones. 

I think more telling is that a few near me in FB absolutely slate Dicker every game/pass/touch, and have done since I can remember. The guy has been absolutely outstanding this season and just about sums up the mentality of some of our support. A "he'll no dae" attitude that they refuse to change. 

Utterly mental. 

11 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I can’t see us ever replacing him fully.

It's Jordan Jones we're talking about here. Calm down. His goals and assists over the course of last season were dung for an attacker. I believe he scored 3, possibly 4, one a pen and he scored them all in the space of about 4 games. I can hardly remember an assist from him all season, I'm quite sure when Rangers did the deal he was sitting on 0 goals and 0 assists.

Let's not kid on he was the catalyst shooting us up the league. 

3 hours ago, Chris1810 said:

What a pish argument. I’m pretty sure if Rangers or any other team were willing to quadruple Rory’s wages then he’d be off. 

That's a point where nobody could disagree of course it is but the point I was making to compare both thee individual players is that one of them ( and I respect his decision to make more money because football is a short career) left the building at the first opportunity whereas the other one decided to commiitt to staying and fighting for the KFC cause and for that he deserves a lot more respect than some people are giving him!

I am sure most on here would agree, when your team struggles there is always an element of the support who adopt the negative attitude and abuse a player or players. I don't think we are unique in this as it would happen in any football club. As most have said IT DOESN'T HELP the team. TOGETHER WE WILL PROSPER.

It is well documented the type of player we need and I am sure AA will have this at the forefront of his mind for January. We all need to dig in and recreate that togetherness of the SC era. We have 7 games before the window opens, 5 are away from home where our current style and support from the fans should allow us to secure some wins/points. Providing we can do that and AA is successful in recruitment we will be right up there come the season end. The moaners will never disappear but a winning team dilutes their sh*t.

TOGETHER WE ARE KILLIE !